Destroy Your Hardware!!!--any way... any how

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
Wear gloves and goggles (hell if you look stupid, the camera can't see it anyway ;)) I doubt they hold charge for years, although if you feel like beating the crap out of it with a wooden bat/pole/stick/badger to be safe.. it'll still be amusing :D


gonaads, just out of curiosity, how the f*** did you get the powerbook the burn so well? was it aided, or is the little bastard that flammable ?
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
o_87 said:
I can't believe you actually burnt it. I have a very old monitor that smells like its burning when I turn it on. I suppose I coudl so something with that. Suggestions? :D


First get some Magnesium, pour it down the top vents. Then some Charcoal lighter fluid, also some on outer surface. Next 10 foot extension cord, plug cord from monitor into extension cord (make sure that other side of extension cord is NOT plugged in).

Now make sure that the power switch on the monitor is on. set camera or have someone else be ready with camera. Using rubber gloves (latex kitchen gloves should work)and wearing goggles/safety glasses, plug extension cord into electrical outlet, enjoy show, take pics, watch out for shrapnel. Then post pics here. :D
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
SPeedY_B said:
gonaads, just out of curiosity, how the f*** did you get the powerbook the burn so well? was it aided, or is the little bastard that flammable ?


Gasoline (Petrol) and Magnesium. The Magnesium is for a light show (witch I did not get pics of :(), it burns very very hot. The Fuel did the rest. :D
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
Hehe.. magnesium is hilarity :p

But dangerous.. don't mess with it, kids ;)
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Joined
3 Feb 2002
Messages
10,574
gonaads said:
First get some Magnesium, pour it down the top vents. Then some Charcoal lighter fluid, also some on outer surface. Next 10 foot extension cord, plug cord from monitor into extension cord (make sure that other side of extension cord is NOT plugged in).

Now make sure that the power switch on the monitor is on. set camera or have someone else be ready with camera. Using rubber gloves (latex kitchen gloves should work)and wearing goggles/safety glasses, plug extension cord into electrical outlet, enjoy show, take pics, watch out for shrapnel. Then post pics here. :D
Now that would be awesome. Just sounds really fooking dangerous :p
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
o_87 said:
Now that would be awesome. Just sounds really fooking dangerous :p


No pain, no gain. :p

Just use the BBQ lighter fluid, nothing else and make sure you have more than enough distance. Safety First... unless fun gets in the way. :D
 

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political Access
Joined
9 Jun 2002
Messages
9,606
monitors can kep a charge over several hundered volts in their capacitors IF you turn off @ monitor, then @ plug. this is because the charge is stored up.
to get rid of it:
turn off montor, unplug it, then press power button again. you will see the monitor power up for about 0.2 seconds with the power left in it from the capacitors ;)
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
Bah, I actually knew that. Heh, nice thinking Heny :)
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Joined
3 Feb 2002
Messages
10,574
Henyman said:
monitors can kep a charge over several hundered volts in their capacitors IF you turn off @ monitor, then @ plug. this is because the charge is stored up.
to get rid of it:
turn off montor, unplug it, then press power button again. you will see the monitor power up for about 0.2 seconds with the power left in it from the capacitors ;)
Thanks for the tip. Now I just need some time to pull this off :p
 

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
Joined
3 Jul 2002
Messages
3,233
*calls 911 in advance* :p
Anyway, Plain burning stuff is boring... now exploding them is fun :D
 

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Joined
16 Mar 2002
Messages
4,716
make sure you are not standing "in front of" the screen when you hit it. They have a tendency to blow outwards.
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
A welding mask with a clear safety lens is better, especially if you're in the pic. It'll make ya look like some mad man. :D
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
Here's one I found. Now this is a great way ta deal with a misbehavin MotherBoard. :D
 

Duggenfruzze

College Student
Joined
7 Jan 2004
Messages
2
I've been shocked by a running CRT, had to sit down for an hr but other than that im good. If anyone can tell me how much voltage a 1998 17inch moniter will discharge while working that would be awesome. But a few 3inch shotgun shells and maybe a few firework balls would do fine.

I would say napalm but....*cough* it's illegal...as far as i know.
 

dubstar

format c:
Joined
3 Dec 2002
Messages
1,357
anybody have any video of these kinds of things? i wouldnt mind taking a look.
 

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,806
nope, but a friend of mine (Oli on the site, killed a keyboard and router etc) has recently purchased a DV cam.. so I'm sure we'll get footage if we can find more things to kill :D
 

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
18,474
Duggenfruzze said:
I would say napalm but....*cough* it's illegal...as far as i know.


I see you've never made bath tub napalm. :D

I could tell ya how ta make it... buuuuut... naaaaaaa :p
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,011
Messages
673,478
Members
5,608
Latest member
endryshall