Desperately seeking a printing program...

A

Angeleyes

I have been on for the entire day looking for a nice printing program to be able to make flyers, stationary ect that is compatible with XP. Nothing came with my printer, infact the idiots sent a CD with the drivers, the problem being it is not compatible with XP, I actually had to get online and dl the drivers. Anyone know of a good printing program? :confused:

My daughters have used Canon Creative Home. It was originally used on a 98 machine but has been used since XP has been installed, no problems while using it while running XP.

It's funny you should mention that program, because it is a cannon printer that came with my computer, and the disk was obsolete! lol Thanks for the help, I will look into that program.

there are lots of programs out there, there are also several freeware, try searching on the web for some programs, and Jewelzz that program has a known error that can cause your computer to restart in the middle of printing or saving of files.

I don't use the program, my daughter does. As far as I know she hasn't had any problems with it. Angeleyes should take that into consideration though.

i was only pointing it out

BTW Jewelzz, what other chans are you on, on EFnet, since JJB6486 has banned me from #xperience and #xsivforce

That's it X-Istence, just those 2 places, sorry :(

#xistence can't join channel (need correct key) is the message I get when trying to join :confused:
-

X-ist. I did try searching the web, I did it for a full day. I didn't find any that specifically said they were compatible with XP. I was looking to try and find one I could try before buying it. I have no objections to purchasing a program, but I would like to try it first. I also wrote Cannon about all this, and of course there has been no reply from them. :(

PrintMaster is pretty good. I think you can pick up an older version at Walmart for $10 or something. If you have trouble running anything 'out-of-box' on XP, right click on it's icon> properties> 'compatibility' tab>>> and select the mode for which it's designed for.

You also have a resident word processor you can play around with. Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Wordpad. There's also a program called 'Paint' right there. Between the two you might be able to finesse some of what you want to do.

No ones mentioned the obvious MS Publisher yet, a tad expensive mind.

Then theres Serif page plus which you will find given away on all sorts of magazines.

Originally posted by Bytes back
No ones mentioned the obvious MS Publisher yet, a tad expensive mind.

thats one i was thinking but for printing software my ibm pc cam cam with some pretty good software available at..(note works in xp does not require cam it is just software to print pics in certain sizes ...wallets...8/10 5/7 and so on
photo printer is what came with mine here is a link to arcsoft with other products they have too
also they are trials i see but still you can try and if you like em buy em lol

http://www.arcsoft.com/support/downloads/index.html
-
btw it dont say it is for xp but works great even when i moved to xp pro
-

That sounds great Stir...thanks tons, I am on my way over to there now to check it out!:D

Have you tried Cannon's own Site? See if they have a new version of their printing program for download. Most of the time the bundled printing progs are upgradable or they have them for free. :D

gonaads, I tried going to Cannons site, I saw nothing on their software :( I was able to download the drivers I needed to install the printer, somce the CD they sent was not compatible with XP...which is really stupid, since it came with the new computer. Anyway, there was nowhere to find any printing programs or software or anything :mad:

Yep id go for PrintMaster, you get good results from it..

Even word will do that sort of job

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back