Desperate for HElp...

S

Scarzy

Just realized that neither my CD-Rom or CDRW are loading on my computer. They were working fine last week. Here is the message I get when I look in the device manager.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Does anyone have any advice without reformatting ?

That's your culprit, but just uninstalling it won't fix your problem. I hope you have system restore turned on. If you don't then you'll have to delete a bunch of junk out of your registry. If restore is enabled, just restore back to a date before installed Nero.

Here is how I solved the same problem... try it and see if it works for you...

Go back to the Contol Panel where your CD-ROM and CD Burner are listed. Remove both devices and restart your computer. Windows should find the 2 devices again and correct the registry entries. Can't say this will work for you, because I tried this at a last resort without having to fool around the registry...

PhatPhunky

Luckily, I had a backup available from about ten days ago. I think it was actually Clone CD. Got them all running now. Thanks for the help.

you bet. now, i've heard, haven't actually tried it yet, that the new Nero 5564 fixed all the bugs. But i know one thing for certain, i'll set a restore point before i try it :D . Good luck.

it was clonecd...cause it happened to me.....download the newest version

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back