Desktop Icons

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
How do i change the settings so that the black area around the icon's font is transparent? With a black desktop it would look fine but up until recently there wasn't any colour.

Thanks

go to control panel - system - advanced - performance settings - make sure Use drop shadow for icons on desktop is checked.

If you used Active Desktop before, turn it off/disable it.

[edit] also, make sure you're set to view transparent icons, either through tweakui or advanced sys properties.

its not active desktop, active desktop does a different thing. It makes yr icons messed up, it doesnt make backgrounds to the text on the desktop.

edit: lol, i told him to do that through system properties.

"go to control panel - system - advanced - performance settings - make sure Use drop shadow for icons on desktop is checked."

It was already ticked.

"If you used Active Desktop before, turn it off/disable it."

I've never used active desktop.

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far.

Ooh, i sorted it!!

I unselected "lock web items to desktop"

Thanks again people!

See pic:

Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000

its not active desktop, active desktop....doesnt make backgrounds to the text on the desktop.

Umm....yes it does. :rolleyes::happy:

Speaking of desktop icons, does anyone knows where can I find for Icons that I could use to replace the default ones on my desktop? Kinda dull already though ...

Thanks .. :D

Originally posted by Lighter
Umm....No it don't.:rolleyes: :happy:

/me snickers:blink:

Do you want me to show you a screenshot of what it does to the icons?

hey, can i be really dumb and ask u what sw u used to skin taskbar like dat, compliments to the chef by the way, looks v good :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back