Desktop Icons on right-hand side?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I don't know if this can be acheived via regedit or other means, but is it at all possible to get the desktop icons to align on the right hand side when using the "Arrange Icons By" right click menu?

u can hit my computer icon select all the icons and drag them to the right side. make sure auto arrange is not checked

well

well look up something on the arabic version of windows, because everything is on the oppisite side, such as the icons the start menu, the close minimize, and maximize buttons. this is because in arabic u read from right to left not from left to right. hope this helps u!:happy:

hey

Seems you need to read the rules first... no posting of warez related material.
Attachment removed
[ PseudoKiller ]

Adrenalize
u can hit my computer icon select all the icons and drag them to the right side. make sure auto arrange is not checked
Thats what I currently have done. but occasionally I save files to the desktop, or download a pic to there etc, and i want everything to arrange on the right when I select arrange by name or something similar.
Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Adrenalize, can you edit your post and remove the image please, we do not support warez here.
[edit] n/m, PKs done it ;)

I would like to know this too. If anyone knows please post it. :)

On my old Matrox card (ah, I miss it so.) the drivers used to add an option to set your icons whateer way you wanted.
You could have them spiraling round the dektop clockwise if you wanted, which in effect lined them up across the top.

Perhaps I should look into that, anyone got a matrox card :D
Mine was a Matrox Millennium G400, which OWNED half life in its day (this was years ago :p)

seriously try what i told u the arabic windows xp. but i dont know if u know anyone with it. cuz even here in saudi i dont know any people with the arabic version! hehe. i saw it on a computer in the mall though at the phone shops that they use to put ringtones on people phones, but i know i wont be able to use that pc. by the way im curious what did Adrenalize have in the pic that refered to warez if someone could plz pm me i wanna know.

I don't know anyone with an arabic copy of windows, and I'm not going to go and buy another copy of windows.
Plus EVERYTHING is right-to-left, not just the icons.
It was a good though/suggestion, it just wouldn't work :huh:

And no, we won't pm you, it was warez. simple as that, you know we don't condone anything of that sort here.

found this

a reg hack & a dll

only seems to work properly after a reboot

google search for

Lock Position of Desktop Icons

& it should be the first result

:rolleyes:

TwoZigzagColt45 i think the Link got messed up it goes nowhere.

http:// www . theeldergeek.com/lock_position_of_desktop_icons.htm
(remove all the spaces, this forum refuses to parse it right.)

It seems ok, but it needs you to keep re-aligning if they go all skwiff :p

I can't beleive that Microsoft are this inept, surely they realise that withh all the different config options that desktop icons should be one of them.

Is it as difficult to have the start button on the right hand side as well ?.

by the way i have spent a fair bit of time looking for a way to auto arrange down the right hand side...with no luck.

They're used to be a grat bug (feature?) in Windows 95, where-by you could move the start button.

Click on the "Start" button, then hold down the ALT key while pressing the minus (-) sign.
A menu will appear, like when you right-click a running application on the task bar, with the options to move and close etc.
So you can now move or close the "Start" button (closing it requires a restart to get it back)

Ok, so it didn't stay after a reboot, but it was funny as heck doing it on computers at school/public machines :D :p

Heh, I remember everyone else was sat on 8mb cards or at most a Voodoo2, and I had this amazing GL card, yet the slowets hdd known to man.
So i installed HL and was pottering round in lovely smoooooth graphics except when it came to loading another part of the level where-by everything would freeze for about 30 seconds and the disk would groan and crunch its guts out :p

I miss my Matrox card :( :D

Icons On RightHand Side

Hi Folks,
Has anyone tried just a left click and drag to any position you prefer on your Windows XP Desktop?
It works for me :)
Regards... Jim

Re: Icons On RightHand Side

Originally posted by walkabout
Hi Folks,
Has anyone tried just a left click and drag to any position you prefer on your Windows XP Desktop?
It works for me :)
Regards... Jim

the problem is after that > when you select auto arrange
by default the icons line up on the left of the D/top

:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back