Desktop Icons not large

J

J0sh

I see pictures of people with huge desktop icons in the desktop thread. How do they do that??? I see no option! I'm running at 1152*864.... is it just that they are running at a smaller resolution, or am I missing something???

Rightclick on desktop , pick properties, click appearance tab, click effects button, tick large icons. :D

Try making your own big icons with an icon editor such as icon edit pro or microangelo. Then you can make your own big icons.

the icon i have on my desktop is the dent for seriuous sam, and when I open it with Micronangelo, it has sizes up to and including 128*128.... yet the one on my desktop looks like its 48*48 (i compared them, and i'm confidnet thats the size)

Why can't I at least make it 72*72? and why would they have sizes upto 128*128 if they can't be used?

Josh it mostly has to do with your screen resolution, if u have yours set high like 1280 X 1024, your icons will of course look smaller. So yes some of these ppl have their resolution set way down to get these effects.

also keep in mind some of these ppl are not using the normal windows shell for their desktop, and some others are using html wep pages for their desktops.

hope this helps :D

Originally posted by Iceman38
Josh it mostly has to do with your screen resolution, if u have yours set high like 1280 X 1024, your icons will of course look smaller. So yes some of these ppl have their resolution set way down to get these effects.

Damn, thats what I was afraid of..... do you know how to get this effect w/out having to shrink my screen?

I don't, sorry josh.

if u ever figure it out or get an answer that works, please pm me the solution, cause I would like the same effect. :(

here you go! ;)

Icon size change for WinXP...

1.) Recommend changing your vertical and horizontal icon spacing to 72 (Display Properties->Appearance->Advanced->Item) before changing your icon size to 128x128, otherwise, your icons will overlap.

2.) Start Menu->Run->"regedit"(to open registry)->HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel\ Desktop\ Windowmetrics. Look for the Shell Icon Size Key. It will be set to match your current icon size. Right click on the key and Modify. Change the Value Data to 128. Hit OK. Exit regedit, log out of WinXP, log back in. Your icons should be HUGE in any resolution smaller than 1280x1024.

However, the change to 128x128 is universal, meaning that ALL icons on your machine will be 128x128.. including start menu... so i suggest that you have 72x72 or 96x96...

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back