desktop icon help please

Bootsy

Huh?
My trashbin was clear (the name part), well more like transluscent. After changing themes, it came out with a gray border and also the name part is graytt too...see attached, thanks.

You should be able to het rid of the gray underneath by clicking the desktop. (taking focus away) Works for me.

yea I used to be able to get rid of the gray by clicking the desktop, but NOW, it turns into a lighter gray when clicking the desktop. The attached image is with the desktop clicked, not the icon.

or do you have active desktop, lots of people have problems like that with active desktop!

yea its with active desktop but this wasnt happening with the old theme AND AD active...

what the icon for, If its something you dont really use alot than just delete it. Umm if you do need it, for Active Desktop, im sure you can have that Program Launch use a icon instead of text! Not sure how but i think its somewhere on this site!

ya I know, it happened to me before but I fixed it fiddling with the font smoothing option in tweak-xp pro...hmmm this sux

Originally posted by Bootsy
ya I know, it happened to me before but I fixed it fiddling with the font smoothing option in tweak-xp pro...hmmm this sux
Did you try this oprion in Tweak XP?

Make Desktop Icons Transparent
Make the text of the desktop icons transparent: did you ever want the desktop icon text to be transparent ? Use this option to make the background picture of your desktop shine through the text of your desktop icons. This feature will remain active after a restart of Windows until you uncheck this option. Attention: This feature will only work when 'Font smoothing' (see below) is disabled.

I could kick myself. I should have noticed that this has happened to you, since you changed themes.
After changing themes, it came out with a gray border and also the name part is graytt too
Fix
Display Properties - Appearence - Advance: Select Desktop and then the color to match the wallpaper where the icon will be placed at on the desktop.

but NOW, it turns into a lighter gray when clicking the desktop
Fix
Same as above, but select Selected Items and set the color 1 to match the same as above.

Remember to do that for each time you switch themes. Each theme changes those settings to match the coloring of the theme.

For example: Selecting the Silver Luna theme, gives the immediate background a grey color. Selecting the Blue Luna theme makes it blue.

I tested this and the grey went away for me. Hopefully this resolve it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back