desktop icon disappeared in task bar

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone,, I had a shortcut to my desktop ICON in the Tasbar and yesterday it suddenly disappeared! I forget how to put it back in the taskbar, can someone help me out? Tom

right click on your taskbar
toolbars menu
check any item you want to appear, or choose new toolbar.

right click on your taskbar
toolbars menu
check any item you want to appear, I selected Desktop and closed out the drop down menu, but nothing happened except the fact that it put a checkmark next to desktop

a check mark?

Do you mean something like this:
Desktop >>

??

No, it was more like this / you know like a check you put in a box!

can u provide a screenshot? just go to your desktop and press 'Print Screen' on your keyboard.... then go to MS Paint, and then press Ctrl+V... Save the image, and attach it here.. for us to see..

Thank You Guys: I found this method and it worked fine>>> To restore desktop shortcut icon back in taskbar do this>>Copy the text below to notepad, save it to your desktop as Show Desktop.scf then drag it to your quick Launch
------------------------------
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3

[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Tomsxp thqanks for the help was trying to fix this problem for about a week now, your a lifesaver!

For anyone else, there is a much simpler method...create a shortcut with this target;

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

drag it into the task bar, delete the shortcut

ohhh sorry dirk, my cookies got messed up...and the evil dirk diggler made an appearance

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back