• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

desktop icon disappeared in task bar

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone,, I had a shortcut to my desktop ICON in the Tasbar and yesterday it suddenly disappeared! I forget how to put it back in the taskbar, can someone help me out? Tom

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
right click on your taskbar
toolbars menu
check any item you want to appear, or choose new toolbar.

T

tomsxp1

right click on your taskbar
toolbars menu
check any item you want to appear, I selected Desktop and closed out the drop down menu, but nothing happened except the fact that it put a checkmark next to desktop

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
can u provide a screenshot? just go to your desktop and press 'Print Screen' on your keyboard.... then go to MS Paint, and then press Ctrl+V... Save the image, and attach it here.. for us to see..

T

tomsxp1

Thank You Guys: I found this method and it worked fine>>> To restore desktop shortcut icon back in taskbar do this>>Copy the text below to notepad, save it to your desktop as Show Desktop.scf then drag it to your quick Launch
------------------------------
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3

[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

M

Moejoe

Tomsxp thqanks for the help was trying to fix this problem for about a week now, your a lifesaver!

D

Dirk Diggler.

For anyone else, there is a much simpler method...create a shortcut with this target;

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

drag it into the task bar, delete the shortcut

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies