Desk Chair

G

gmagnuson

Ok, I have this question, I assume you all use some form of a chair to set at your computer with, I have a cheap chair that I keep wearing all of the padding out of. (I guess I just "Set" too much :) ) Do any of you have any recomedations for a new chair? Which is better lether or cloth? Thanks!

the covering doesn't matter.......it's the padding that does ;) make sure it's well paded + that the back can move up + down,the whole seat can go up + down. this will make it more comfortable :cool: arm rests are nice as well to lean on while you use the mouse :D

Leather all the way for me!

And I have to say you can find great comfort without padding... if you're prepared to go for a suspended frame job (googles for pic to attach.... finds something similar, mine has better armrests, they're surprisingly comfortable) I do suggest you try what you'll buy out for real in a store (that's how I chose mine).

I took some care on this, because I spend minimum of eight hours daily in front of the screen sat on mine!

if you go another way then look here

oh and wow - check this out! lol never woulda thought it!

I got this chair a last week. Very comfortable. It was on special for $89 (Australian Dollars) down from $199 (again Aust Dollars).

It has the abilty to tilt backwards (so I can rest!) and has very soft padding covered with leather. It also has up and down too.

Cool, Thanks Guys. Now if chairs were not so expensive, but I guess I will be setting in it for a while. Yes, padding is one of my biggest concerns. Thanks!

ooo, go get me one of those leather recliners while you are out.

I was looking for a chair a while back and wanted something solid, yet comfortable. I play a lot of driving games, so I thought I'd try using the seat from an actual car. A trip to the local junkyard got me a nearly new passenger seat in really good condition. I mounted it to a platform with swivel wheels for moveability and must say it works great. I figure if a car seat can easily handle the g-forces from vehicle acceleration/braking, that it would work fine for what I need.

I was going to get one with power controls, but decided against it: I already have enough wires around my PC without adding more for my chair. At least I can still manually adjust the seat back.

Nice for watching movies in too. :)

Originally posted by scriptasylum
I was looking for a chair a while back and wanted something solid, yet comfortable. I play a lot of driving games, so I thought I'd try using the seat from an actual car. A trip to the local junkyard got me a nearly new passenger seat in really good condition. I mounted it to a platform with swivel wheels for moveability and must say it works great. I figure if a car seat can easily handle the g-forces from vehicle acceleration/braking, that it would work fine for what I need.

I was going to get one with power controls, but decided against it: I already have enough wires around my PC without adding more for my chair. At least I can still manually adjust the seat back.

Nice for watching movies in too. :)

Now that's intense! :eek: :D

a car seat, huh?? good idea. i gots a small swivel chair, but i built a hollow wooden base for it with some holes in it. I put my subs in the base, and you really get a nice effect through your whole body. Especially if you play counter-strike and you use the awp. :)

i've seen some really good computer chairs @ bestbuy and office depot for like 30-40 dollars

I guess I must be tough on chairs because those never seem to last very long. All the office chairs at work are all wrecked in one way or another, and those were bought for about $80 each. The only ones I've seen that look like they might be sturdy and omfortable enough cost upwards of $150+. That's the price of a CPU upgrade! :)

The one I put together only cost me about $40, which covered the cost of the chair, swivel wheels, plywood platform, misc nuts & bolts, and paint.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back