Dell XPS M1330: Third time is the charm?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Back in July I ordered a Dell XPS M1330 to replace my beloved M1210. I've received two systems, both of which have had issues. The third is now on its way making a pit stop at DellCA's desk to verify its functionality (thank you). What is said to be the "smallest" 13.3" notebook in the world is about to be the latest piece of equipment added to my arsenal. Here are a few details about it:

• Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (updated)
  • 2GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
  • 64GB Solid State Drive (updated)
  • Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
  • Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N
  • 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive
  • 13.3 LED

A new thread will probably be started once I have a working unit.

Last edited:
Re: The wait is almost over, my new Dell XPS M1330 has shipped...

whattaya doing with teh M1210?

The M1210 was sold to a client.

You're welcome.

Will it blend?

I checked out one of these quite recently actually, did you get the 9-cell battery?

I went with a 6-cell battery. I wanted the battery to be flush with the edge of the notebook. I asked Saz to find out which batteries would be flush and he found out that the 4-cell and 6-cell are flush and that the 9-cell is not.

Will it flush? That is the question.

Will it blend?

Yes.

Did you clean off your LCD screen after the excitement from the e-mail that the M1330 shipped?

I initially saw the email on my WM device.

Not bad, much better than a few of the 610s 620s that we have floating around.

610 == old.

620 is kinda cool :cool: but it is a corporate system.

The XPS 1330 has a LOT of demand right now.

Tracking information is showing Wednesday, but it might show up tomorrow knowing DHL.

I asked them to ship it to my place :)

The XPS 1330 has a LOT of demand right now.

My sister is getting one :p
Naturally I had to look through the specs and tell her whether it should serve her needs. Was quite impressed with it overall but what computer doesn't come with GigE these days or default bluetooth.

I've converted most of my family to Mac but my sister didn't think she'd want to be learning a new OS while deep in psychological study doing her masters. As my parents are helping my sister buy the machine as part of her birthday present they asked me to look around at other options to find a better deal and of course I wondered how the price would compare to an Apple MacBook. The M1330 seems like a pretty direct equivalent to the MacBook.

I compared them based on the lowest spec I could get both of them to. C2D 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, no modem, BlueTooth and 802.11n.

M1330 came in at £945.74 inc VAT, MacBook at £738.99 inc VAT. Granted the base price of the lowest spec M1330 is lower than the base spec MacBook but to build a (spec) comparable system the Mac is cheaper.

I don't mean to turn this into a Windows/Mac thread it was just one of the questions my parents asked me.

Last edited:

I initially saw the email on my WM device.
Well that is good, your 8525 is "more to scale" than your 24" would have been anyways ;)

GigE is the only thing that upsets me about it. However, who needs wires with Wireless-N?

I am tempted but, I have a decent notebook at the moment and, I want to build myself a nice home server/desktop setup :)

GigE is the only thing that upsets me about it. However, who needs wires with Wireless-N?

GigE is still a lot faster though :p
802.11n also isn't as quick in the UK due to the current radio band restrictions which I really hope get tweaked for 802.11n sooner rather than later. Think 11n in the UK is about half the capable speed due to the restrictions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back