Dell XPS M1330: Third time is the charm?

I'll be looking at getting a D630 soon enough, currently got a D610 with 2 screens on my desk and testing some stuff on a D620 on my desk.

The only D630 in the office at the moment has an encryption program we use on, which I don't need so am avoiding it. Plus I deleted some stuff in the registy and its barely hanging on, so will be erm.

Saz: Bribes are good! But I can't say I have touched any of their hardware for quite some time. I removed names to protect the innocent ;o

Work on getting the new tablet in-house amigo :)

I suspect it will be too expensive, might be worth a try and buy tho.

Thanks for the info Matt. I've already got the tracking number for the waybill Clarke sent you, so I'll be able to track the return and make sure it gets to me.

Having looked at both the M1330 (nice lightweight system) and the Latitude XT (tablet/notebook about the size of a D620), its a tough call which I would prefer if I could afford to get one right now. Both have their own distinct advantages, depending on what you would be using them for.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

Really impressed with how this was tracked and resolved Larry - hope you stick around for awhile :D

Larry, it was a hectic week and I didn't have time to drop the return, but I made time yesterday morning. It probably won't show up in the system until tomorrow.

The delay is not a problem. Thanks for the update. I will keep an eye on it and make sure it gets to me, and then the engineers. What install is on the drive right now? The factory image, or your installation (so I know what to expect when I get it)?

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

Larry, I license and use Vista Enterprise. I reformatted the system (over and over in attempts to resolve the issue) and installed Enterprise. Since I was shipping it back I installed Business (it shipped with Business) and the drivers. It took roughly four hours (no joke) to get the OS and drivers back on. Open up the Event Viewer and you will see what I am talking about; actually just starting it up will probably be enough.

Yeah, I just got it today and fired it up to see what happens. It starts faster in Safe Mode, but still has ... issues. I'll see what I can find out, then pass it on the engineers (on Friday most likely). I don't know how long they will need to play with it to find out what is wrong.

Have you run into any problems with the latest M1330?

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

Larry, the new one works perfectly. I am very happy with it. Thank you.

Was hoping to try and get a try and buy latitude xt for work ;p

You also told me you bought a new car, yet I haven't seen photos.

Larry, could you please provide me with the waybill number? I threw it out when you said you received it but now ARB is asking for it.

Thanks.

Larry, could you please provide me with the waybill number? I threw it out when you said you received it but now ARB is asking for it.

Thanks.

Sorry about that Matt. I'll contact ARB to let them know what is going on with the system and the tracking number for the return.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

I just got the system over to the engineers (fun with paperwork delayed things). Hopefully they will be able to figure out why the system behaves the way it does soon.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

I was thinking about that notebook yesterday, wondering what happened with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back