Dell Inspiron E1705, Battery doesn't charge, refresh?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm not specifically sure how old this system is, though I know it is much newer than the battery should be dying on it. My friend has had some complaints in the past that his battery no longer charges. He said he has left it plugged in for awhile at home to try to get it to charge, and the higest it's ever gone was 7%. When he unplugs it, the system shuts off completely.

While I know that batteries can die out of nowhere, I was wondering if there was any way to sort of "refresh" the battery. I know some other laptop manufacturers have had bios options to do this for them. I don't know whether it works, but I'm trying to figure out everything possible so he can avoid having to purchase a brand new battery from Dell.

Right now I have had to completely restore his laptop anyways due to a bad bout with spyware and viruses, and am in the process of updating all of the software. Is there anything that I can to do try to assist him with this battery dilemma?

Thanks!

I think your friend may just need to buy a new replacement battery.
Here is some information I found about this battery:
  • A lithium-ion Dell Inspiron e1705 battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The Dell Inspiron e1705 battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible.
Source: http://www.laptopbatterymart.com/laptop-batteries/dell-inspiron-e1705.htm

I highly recommend just purchasing a new one rather than trying to somehow refresh this one. Amazon has it for $77.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-E1705-Lithium-Ion-battery/dp/B000L3DYFE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back