Dell Has A Blog Now

just checked it out! Very cool blog!

Nice to know, doesn't seem a thrilling read though. Will sub in bloglines and watch progress :D

Nice to know, doesn't seem a thrilling read though. Will sub in bloglines and watch progress :D
I think it just kicked off a few days ago, need to give it some time to develop ;)

I have it in my Bloglines too :D

I didn't mean to "spam" . . . just thought it was a good fit for the direction the comments were going. Guess I was wrong. Man, those guys should take a chill pill!

i have found myself reading it regulary :D

Good stuff for the most part, although some have given it bad reviews stating it's more of a brochure than anything else :rolleyes:

dell purchased a bunch of copyrighted and borderline trademarked search terms at google and is fixin to get in trouble. i like the idea of someone actually standing up to this practice.

dell purchased a bunch of copyrighted and borderline trademarked search terms at google and is fixin to get in trouble. i like the idea of someone actually standing up to this practice.
What exactly do you mean by that?

What exactly do you mean by that?

for instance ..BlackBerry is copyrighted but Blackberry isnt.

for instance ..BlackBerry is copyrighted but Blackberry isnt.

I found the story somewhere .. lemme find it and ill link it here

News item submitted by Latino.

HP joins critics of Dell sell

DELL has again been accused of registering its competitors' brands on Google AdWords.

Hewlett-Packard, BlackBerry and Palm are the latest to say their trademarks have been snapped up.
HP has accused Dell of appropriating its company name and the iPAQ brand in an effort to drive sales of its competing line of Axim handhelds.

Dell raised the hackles of Acer and Toshiba last week when searches on the terms "Acer notebook" and "Toshiba notebook" in Google's advertising program directed click-throughs to the Dell website.

Acer has threatened to sue over the conduct.

Denying the allegations, a Dell spokeswoman said it had bought only the generic terms "notebook" and "laptop".

But Dell has registered "Hp Ipaq" and "Ipaq", in an apparent attempt to piggyback on the popularity of its competitors' products.

"We believe it's a misleading tactic," an HP spokesman said.

"If you're promoting a product that you can't supply you're wasting the customers' time and undermining the Google experience."

Dell's portfolio of competitor brands includes "Palm", "Treo", "Tungsten" and "PalmOne", all trademarks of the well-known handheld vendor. Also on the list is "Blackberry", which is very close to the trademarked BlackBerry mobile email device.

Check the source for the rest of the article.
Source: http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,19898183^15306^^nbv^,00.html

merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really impressed with this so far, unsubscribed earlier today :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back