News Dell Enters US Smartphone Market

Dell has entered the rather crowded smartphone market with the launch of their brand new handset, Dell Aero.

The handset retails at just $99 with a 2-year AT&T contract or $299 contract-free. Weighing in at just 140 grams, the Dell Aero has some pretty solid, though not cutting edge, features including:
  • 5 megapixel autofocus camera
  • Flash lite
  • 3.5-inch (640 x 360p) display
  • 2 GB on board Micro SD (upgradeable to 32GB)
  • GPS/A-GPS navigation
  • Android platform
Curiously, there's no mention on the official blog of which version of Android the device will run on. Fortunately, Engadget took this up with Dell who have confirmed that it will be running on Android 1.5.

Source: Direct2Dell blog

That looks kinda cool. Although, I think it will do the same as their mp3 player did, that being nothing. Then with it having Android, it might do better. It also looks like it was made by samsung ...

Their streak device is pretty cool. Then it doesn't have wifi and the way they are charging for data, you would end up paying $1,000.00 a month to use the damn thing.

Not bad for someone that wants a "smartphone" without really wanting/paying for one. I think the next 2 from Dell will have much better specs. Could have troubles running some apps on this thing as the OS is really a bit old now (customized or not).

Not bad for someone that wants a "smartphone" without really wanting/paying for one. I think the next 2 from Dell will have much better specs. Could have troubles running some apps on this thing as the OS is really a bit old now (customized or not).
any idea when the much bally-hooed windows 7 is coming out?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back