Dell DJ is here!

~bk

I
Political Access
I opened like 3 threads and none of them showed up. :p

Anyways, it arrived a week early. :D The Dell Pocket DJ came in a normal box, nothing fancy like iPod Mini or Zen Micro. I took it out and charged for 2.5 hours as it stated in the User's Guide. After it was fully charged, I noticed that it had some sample music but I didn't give a damn about them.
tongue.gif
Well, I went to the Dell DJ Explorer and removed them and added all of my music collection and started listening to it. Currently, I'm just using 600MB so I still have a lot of space. You can also use Windows Media Player 10 or MusicMatch Jukebox to transfer songs.

The EQ settings are awesome in it! There really is a difference in sound if you use them. There is also a date/time feature which almost every mp3-hard drive player has now days. The headphones are not that bad either. I heard some mixed reactions about them that's why I was considering to buy new ones. Also got a case for DJ.

Anyways, I suck at writing reviews .
tongue.gif
They are short but to the point I guess. All I can say that this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm am completely satisfied with Dell Pocket DJ.
smile.gif
Below are some pictures that I took of the DJ.

dj1.jpg

dj3.jpg

dj4.jpg

dj5.jpg

If you have any questions, just throw them in the thread. :)

I like it, but my iPod would win in a fight :p

Congrats dude :D

bk, maybe I should forward you my written stuff that I was going to do for my review and never got round to?

Perhaps you can use it for a write up :)

Sure, I'll try to write a proper review for OSNN then. :)

It on my laptop, I'll send it over tomorrow via pm :)

Okay cool. I'll try to put up a review later this week. :)

Grandmaster said:

yeah, the Dell DJ would give up after hours of your iPod scratching and pulling hair :p

Grandmaster said:

It's actually a lot better than people give it credit for.

I would prefer a better battery life, but its pretty decent nonetheless.

Hows the bass sound on the dell DJ?? I have an ipod mini right now and honestly i am less then impressed with the sound quality on it. I have a fairly good set of head phones and everything sounded really good on my mini disc player, but I listen to music that has a good bit of bass and the ipod just seems to sound a little, well bland i guess would be a word to describe it. Maybe it's just me though, either way I got the mini for free and since I've only had it a couple days I thought I might try to get rid of it on ebay and but the money i get towards something like this dell DJ since it seems to be getting fairly good reviews.

James

the equalizer settings on the Dell DJ are very good...music is spacious. Don't discount the earphones also, good earphones can make a difference.

Sazar said:
It's actually a lot better than people give it credit for.

I would prefer a better battery life, but its pretty decent nonetheless.

Oh I know, I was just poking at him ;)

jpom said:
Hows the bass sound on the dell DJ?? I have an ipod mini right now and honestly i am less then impressed with the sound quality on it. I have a fairly good set of head phones and everything sounded really good on my mini disc player, but I listen to music that has a good bit of bass and the ipod just seems to sound a little, well bland i guess would be a word to describe it. Maybe it's just me though, either way I got the mini for free and since I've only had it a couple days I thought I might try to get rid of it on ebay and but the money i get towards something like this dell DJ since it seems to be getting fairly good reviews.

James

Well for me, it does make a difference if I turn on the EQ settings and listen to songs using Dell headphones. If I use my other neck-band headphones, it's even better. So I don't really mind using the Dell headphones if the EQ settings are on because the sound quality is just perfect. Although it does tend to lessen your battery power. :)

really spiffy. now im looking for something to replace my 20gb ipod. im thinking the new color/photo 30gb one lol

the_music_man said:
really spiffy. now im looking for something to replace my 20gb ipod. im thinking the new color/photo 30gb one lol

You have a lot of money to burn then...

Personally, I would never buy a colored screen mp3/hard drive player. I mean what's the point of having one? You use them to listen to music, not to view your photos. Just my thought.

~bk said:
Personally, I would never buy a colored screen mp3/hard drive player. I mean what's the point of having one? You use them to listen to music, not to view your photos. Just my thought.
I'm with you on that one, I never even look at the monochrome screen to be honest, hit play, head out the house with the player in my pocket and don't look again until it's time to find the stop/pause/off button.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back