DELL Dimensions: Mobo Upgrade?

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
I am wanting to get a new processor. I have a DELL Dimension 4100 w/ a PIII 933mHz. I am planning on going to an AthlonXP 2100 or 2200. I was wondering if anyone had ever upgraded a DELL motherboard or processor. Can you put in ANY motherboard, or does DELL propietor **** like every other gay comptuer company out there. I really hope they don't. Or I will have to spend a couple of extra bux to build a whole new PC, when I have a good PC here. Please post if you know or if you have upgraded to a new mobo in a DELL system. Thanks.

Yea I tried upgrading with an older dell model, and I couldn't find a mobo that fit. I don't know about newer systems, but I know that this didn't work with older models.

a Windows 98 PC, one of the first computers I got here, um... it was fitted with 333MHZ processor, from 1997 or so.

OMG this is a perfect post and timing for you. I can just about feel what your trying to do as i did something similiar no more then a few weeks ago

lets start here...

i have a dell 4300 p4 system ok so its prolly not built much different then yours. But what i decided to do was buy this ultra cool case with neon lights and stuff yada yada yada.. well my case finally arrived. First thing i notice after i disasemble my dell and place the mobo in my new case was.. the mobo doesnt fit! after some examination i noticed the dell mobos are latched into the dell case with a metal hinge in every corner of the mobo. and a industry standard mobo/case are held together with screws and of coarse, the dell mobo doesnt have holes for screws. so in other words, if you get a new processor/mobo upgrade, it will not. i repeat will not fit into your dell case. you will have to buy new case. you can get even more info at dell.com's customer support forums. theyre ok.

Thank you for your help, I was just trying to save a hundred bux on a new case :) - Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back