Dell Axim X50 624MHz

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Any opinions on the top of the line Dell handheld? I am thinking about buying one. I have a 25% off coupon and it's already 399- with a free upgrade to WM 5.0 when it comes out.

Anyone have one?

madmatt said:
Any opinions on the top of the line Dell handheld? I am thinking about buying one. I have a 25% off coupon and it's already 399- with a free upgrade to WM 5.0 when it comes out.

Anyone have one?

The X50V is pretty good. Battery life is not as long as some others out there, but its light/thin and the screen is really nice.

My advice would be to check out a Dell kiosk in a local mall and see if they carry one.

If they do, check it out and see if you like it. It's one of the better bang/buck handhelds on the market with integrated BT and wifi capabilities but check out the product first I would say.

I have used it extensively (much like all the other Dell products typically on sale) and I have liked it. There are better items out there but they cost more than twice as much typically.

No local Dell stores. None in New York that I know of. Wish there was one though.

I need some thing for work. My laptop is good but some times it's too much to get out and look some thing up quickly.

lol.

NEW YORK

Queens Center
90-15 Queens Blvd
Elmhurst, NY 11373

Coming Soon.

That's the only one in NY and it's coming soon. I'm in Albany (central region).

:D Oh well. I tried :D

Consider reading the reviews on it. For the price, you likely will not get a better unit/screen.

Thank you for your input Sazar. It's appreciated.

I have an x50v myself, I can't even imagine how I would live without it. I have had a few palms, as well as the PDA Smartphones. For the slim design and all the loaded features, this thing is a BEAUTY! I highly recommend you get one, especially at that price!

Im glad to see your going for one with Wifi, my HP one only have bluetooth. I now wish I waited and got one with Wifi.

Has anyone heard rumors on new Dell handhelds? With all the new products coming out from Dell I would hate to buy this model only to have a new one (and even better) come out within the next month.

I'll check, I have the roadmap at work. I won't be in tomorrow coz I'm going to Houston but I'll see if I can find out on thursday.

Remind me then :D

AFAIK though, I have not seen any new ones coming out in the next few months.

madmatt said:
Has anyone heard rumors on new Dell handhelds? With all the new products coming out from Dell I would hate to buy this model only to have a new one (and even better) come out within the next month.

Well, that's the nature of the beast in this business... Buy something today, and tomarrow it will be out dated :) Perhaps not next month though...

One can't really plan on having the absolute latest and greatest for too long, unless one plans on updating a lot :D

Sazar, I knew you were the person for the job. Thank you.

Son Goku, you can plan on it when you have insiders like Sazar.

madmatt said:

Anyone have one?
I just ordered this through the web sight, I wish I knew about that coupon though...maybe I'll return it..how do I get that coupon?

They sent me a $25 off coupon and I received the other along with a recent notebook order.

I might have an extra one. I think I have a 15% off coupon that is good until the July 31.

madmatt said:
Sazar, I knew you were the person for the job. Thank you.

Son Goku, you can plan on it when you have insiders like Sazar.

Well, Sazar would definitely be the person to go to for Dell info... That said, even he couldn't gaurentee they won't release something better at some time in the future :D

Best that could be done is to say "based on the current road map, I'm not seeing anything on the immediate horizon, nor am I aware of something currently planned". Give it time, and something better will come...

But yeah, knowing "the product I buy today won't be obsolete a week from now" is nice to know :) Would never count on 6 months, a year, or whatever down the road. And I've known peeps before (not saying this applies to you however) who wouldn't upgrade their 386 because something better "might come out sometime in the future" :)

Believe me, I know how fast things become outdated.

However, I obtained a copy of the roadmap through another insider at Dell. And sadly, their next release in the handheld market appears to be targeted towards multimedia consumers (BAH).

The Dell Axim X50v is going to be around for at least another year.

With that said, I have a decision to make.

Well looking at the roadmap, you should be good to go for several months. We came out with the X50 not too long ago, the V is just the high end model with more ROM/RAM.

There might be some refreshes on the lower end but the one you bought is not going to be out-dated soon.

For obvious reasons I can't disclose more :cool:

Sazar said:
For obvious reasons I can't disclose more :cool:

I hate those confidentiality agreements.

Thanks for the input though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back