Dell Adamo XPS

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I just fell in love with a notebook after a long time.

I was at the launch event where a number of products, including the top of the line Alienware items were displayed but the tiny little XPS notebook was what got me :eek:

No details on specs, outside of a C2D ULV proc. It felt snappy enough when zipping around on the desktop and launching apps/IE8 and what not.

But, what REALLY got me was how incredibly thin this thing is :D

Light, sturdy (no flex when lifting by just the keyboard) and it couldn't have weighed more than 2lbs. Reports say it is supposed to be 1.5lbs.

The screen seemed to be a 12-13" screen and to open, there is no button of pulling of the screen or anything. Swipe the little sensor thingy, it makes a little click and the screen pops open a little and then you just pull it open :)

A lot of people at the event commented on the weird look from the side of how it sat open, but in my usage, the angle of the screen and the keyboard was perfectly ergonomic.

Since it is so light, even if you have it on your lap, it won't feel heavy or awkward (I tried it sitting down :D ) and the space created by the wedge shape/hinge process will allow for better air-flow and won't warm your lap.

Adamo1-thumb-550x482-26033.jpg

I'm going to wait till this is in the store and then I'll grab me one :D

Can't hardly wait.

p.s. for comparison, there was the previous Adamo, which is extremely thin in it's own right and it felt downright chunky in comparison. This notebook is ridiculous :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back