Dell 9100 notebook Media buttons - How to customize???

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
hi. i have a Dell 9100. How can is customize these buttons by the keyboard so that i can use to play other dvd players aside from the factory installed Dell Media since it does not work well (does not play dvds).. thanks.

Do you have the Dell QuickSet software installed? That's what allows you to customize the buttons. It would be on one of the CDs you received with the machine. You can also check for updated versions on Dell Support's Downloads page:
http://support.dell.com

ok. i'll check that. i had called tech this afternoon and she said that it can't be modified which i didn't believe anyway. i'll check the software features and other updated downloads so that i can customize it. thanks for the info.

I'm not sure to what degree the software allows you to customize the buttons, since I don't have the same machine. My 5100 has just one button marked "i" beside the power button that can be customized to launch any application using QuickSet...I just never use it.
It's worth a try anyway.
smile.gif

thanks anyway. i guess it's Dell customized to there supported softwares only.

I have that same computer and those keys only work for Windows Media Player with no software installed, it would be nice to get them working with winamp...but I dont think that will happen

yeah, that is not cool. i own the hardware but i can't even customize how its parts works. i am using CyberlinkPowerDVD to play with a dvd because the Dell Media has a problem with its audio. the problem is DTS audio setup is not supported by the audio setup and it does not have the option.. :(

i did try quickset but it only gives you the option for customizing other functions like battery hibernation but not customizing the media buttons to function with another player software. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back