• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dell 4100 Upgrade to WinXP

S

Sage

My buddy has a Dell Dimension 4100 win Win98 on it, can he do a clean install with WinXP Pro? Or does Dell have a specific configuration they use when install XP on their systems.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
dont see why not

Unless there is something very specific about that puter that I dont know about I dont see why not best bet is to look at the list at micro$oft and see if they mention anything specific but also it depends on his hardware ( webcams, printers, videocards, soundcards...) check the list its the best bet and make sure you get all the updated drivers needed for the stock he has :cool:

A

allan

Yes, there's no reason he cannot do a new installation on that, or any other standard system.

S

Sage

Upgrade

Everything went well with the upgrade, only thing had probs with internet and not connecting, everything looked fine, but when I looked at the ethernet card in device manager it wasn't what was actually installed (Both were SMC but versions were different) went and got win2k drivers for the card and boom surfing again.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar