Dell 3007FPW

Apple's 30 inch is $2500 so this one will be probably be $2000, just a guess. Somehow, I don't see myself ever owning one of these and can you even get wallpaper that big?

Sazar said:
You could always sell the house :cool:

:devious:

Ignore him mlakrid... For all we know, he could be after a summer home in Florida :D

Nah, all joking aside, I somehow doubt he'd try to talk you outa house and home :laugh:

legodude83089 said:
Apple's 30 inch is $2500 so this one will be probably be $2000, just a guess. Somehow, I don't see myself ever owning one of these and can you even get wallpaper that big?

I doubt Dell will make it cost what you could buy TWO 2405s would cost.
I would guess on the order of $1600-1800 is more appropriate.

This is of course using the current costs for the 2405 as a baseline at its current cost of 900 each approx...

ShepsCrook said:
Is it a 6bit or an 8bit monitor?

Unless the specs for a monitor specifically list how many colors can be shown on the monitor there is almost no way to tell if it is a 6 bit vs 8 bit... unless they choose to include that it is a 6 or 8 bit on the specs.. most DONT..

most monitor manufacturers do not list this in the spcifications...

IF they list 16.7 million colors... then it is almost certainly an 8-bit monitor....

see HERE...

I have my comp hooked up to my 32" lcd TV...i keep it hooked up to both..and keep cable in the pic in pic in the corner...cant go wrong...cant ever go too big..no such thing

But LCD/Plasma TV's have utter sh*te resolutions in comparison to proper computer displays.

I've used my iBook hooked up to a 42" Plasma at 1280x800, I'd much rather have my 2405FPW at 1920x1600, and it's only 24".

my thoughts exactly

and at these resolutions...

Oh my... I can just see some poor suckers nose in the sites of my AWP :)

$2199.00, it's available.

*wets pants* ..... order placed!!!!!!! .... or maybe not.

It'll come down in price soon enough for anyone really wanting to buy one. :D

I'm giving a lot of thought to a second 20" FPW. I need a better video card first.

I'd considered another 2405FPW, or two 2005FPW's (Price is less for the two 20"s) to go with the 2405FPW I already have.

Going to wait for a new desktop first though... prices should have come down even more on them by then :D

None on eBay yet, that's a bit odd. Even if a product is new usually people put something like, item is available to ship on xx/xx/xxxx :s

Good review over at Ars Technica

The Dell 3007WFP turns out to be superior in pretty much every aspect that matters. It's brighter at 400 vs. 270 cd/m², sports a higher contrast ratio at 700:1 vs. 400:1, and if you thought the Apple Cinema omnidirectional viewing angle of 170° was good, you'll love Dell's 178°. The built-in port selections are a wash numerically, though if Firewire is important to you, Apple's two USB 2.0 ports and two Firewire 400 ports may suit you better than Dell's four USB 2.0 plugs. The Cinema Display's time to shine comes at the power draw stat line, as its 150W max power usage is eighteen percent more frugal than the Dell's 177W. If you buy an Apple, your power bill will thank you, although at electricity rates of ¢10/kWh, it will take twenty years of continuous operation to recoup the price difference that way. Both warranties will run out way before that, but Dell has you covered for three years, against Apple's one measly year.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060105-5911.html

Nice review, didn't expect one to see one so soon. It does confirm the fact that it needs a dual-output DVI graphics card though, so that's out of my league already :nervous:

A bit out of topic, but I had a look at that 30" apple screen down at Birmingham Bull Ring (they don't seem to have it in Notts), and I was gobsmacked :eek:

They had a dual 30" set-up in the Birmingham store last time I dropped in. Didn't really impress me, I guess that 24" is just the right size monitor for me :D

hrm, I'm still waiting for the 20" iMac (Intel) rev.2 either way though this is an expensive monitor!

onimkron said:
It does confirm the fact that it needs a dual-output DVI graphics card though, so that's out of my league already :nervous:

Not if you arent going to run at the full resolution...

:D

I would, so I would need to upgrade as well..

Maybe someday after the pain of buying a home wears off I will get this...

Plus I still need to pay for the ring I got my fiance'

:(

I was looking online at Dell last night and noticed the XPS 400 is a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center ONLY setup now. You can't order it with XP Professional.

However, you get $200 off instantly if you order the new 30" display with a computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back