Dell 2405FPW issue ???

Evil Homer

OSNN Junior Addict
Not sure if this a driver issue or a problem with the LCD itself.
Was playing World of Wacraft when i noticed on the right side , running all the way from the top to the bottom side edge of the screen, the color/graphics were all discolored and distorted. (instead of black area, was all green,red,blue)
This was on the right edge only, the rest of the LCD graphics were fine.
I relogged out of World of Warcraft and back in and the problem was gone.
Is this issues related to the ATI Catalyst 5.7 driver or the LCD itself ???
Next time i see this I will try to take a screenshot and post it here.

Evil Homer said:
Not sure if this a driver issue or a problem with the LCD itself.
Was playing World of Wacraft when i noticed on the right side , running all the way from the top to the bottom side edge of the screen, the color/graphics were all discolored and distorted. (instead of black area, was all green,red,blue)
This was on the right edge only, the rest of the LCD graphics were fine.
I relogged out of World of Warcraft and back in and the problem was gone.
Is this issues related to the ATI Catalyst 5.7 driver or the LCD itself ???
Next time i see this I will try to take a screenshot and post it here.

Have you tried to degauss your monitor? (I think that is what it's called)

kcnychief said:
Have you tried to degauss your monitor? (I think that is what it's called)

You can't degauss a flat panel m8, it doesn't have any magnetic fields.

Wrt original poster, is there a custom setting you were using for the resolution? And have you seen this duplicated in any other situation?

If not it may very well be game/driver specific. Consider checking by rolling back to the 5.6's and trying to duplicate the issue.

Yeah this is a driver/game issue, if it was an lcd issue you'd have a rainbow all across everything all the time. The most you can expect from LCD panels of 20" and larger is uneven backlihgt filtering so on a totally blacks creen you'll have a cool patter of whiter splogdes :D

I've been getting some strange artifacts since I upgraded to 5.7 They only show up on game startup screens. Never during the game play.

I should have stayed with 5.6...

PS I want to see someone try to degauss an LCD. 50-50 chance it will damage it, lol.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back