Dell 2007FPW

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'm thinking of getting one of these monitors, and am searching for a good deal on it. The thing that makes me SICK, is that eBay has these monitors for reasonable prices (around 350) with anywhere from 60-90 for shipping.

I know this has been brought up before, but it makes me want to yack!

Anyone have this monitor yet?

Just keep an eye on Dell. They normally have good prices and free shipping.

Not 100% firm on the timeframe, but was there a reason why you got the 2005fpw rather than the 2007 model? Not much of a difference in specs or price from what I have seen.

Blu-ray?

google is your friend and I'm too lazy :smoker:

LOL yeah, I'm on the way out though so it will have to wait until later.

I may even get two :eek:

I have a rather lucrative web project coming up, if they sign on I wanted to get a bigger monitor anyways. I do a lot of WTS work, having a second one would be nice :)

I bought a second 2005FPW because I already had one (they had to match).

Sazar said:
Get the 2407 or 3007's then

It is probably cheaper to get 2407 rather than 2007x2 - but dual monitors would have to be good. When I get to work later, going to do some research on the two and see what may be best. I think in the end I will get the 2007FPW, mostly because I'm going to start with one and get the second down the road. I have a 19" now, but surprisingly enough this will still be a sizeable upgrade :)

I did some digging on the 2007FPW vs. the 2005FPW, and found some juicy tidbits for those who may be interested :D

As Saz mentioned, 2007FPW offers HDCP over DVI (not to be confused with DHCP :lick:) which will make it ready for Windows Vista HD-DVD and other set-top box connections. Apparently the 2007FPW has more uniform backlighting, compared to some of the early 2005FPW's which had noticeable hotspots in their backlighting, leading to poor black levels.

On a more personal note, I read that the 1680x1050 in the 2007FPW is actually just shy of half a million MORE pixels than the current 19" LCD I have - WOW. Another huge difference, comparing what I have to this, is the Dell is 16:10 whereas my 19" is a soultry 5:4

I won't bore with many more specs that can easily be googled (as long as you aren't lazy like Saz :p), but that has made my decision easy. The proposal is in for the project, and if it's approved I'm getting 2 :smoker:

Which also means I will need a new video card. There is no way I'm going to put one of those on VGA (current card has one type of each head).

:D

Vga v/s Dvi will not make much iq difference to you if you are not looking to change your card immediately :)

Yeah that is also true. As another point I would have to also replace my KVM - so it may be best to stick with the current card until I start to notice it :eek:

I was thinking about ditching my KVM, since I have gotten rid of all my extra machines and just run VirtualPC, and wouldn't ever hook up more than one other computer anyways. I was talking to someone who has a 2005FPW, he said you can actually view both VGA and DVI inputs on the monitor at the same time, that's pretty sweet.

Madmatt - you ever tried that?

The project is at about 95% going to go through, trying to decide between ONE 2405 and TWO 2007's.

The Dual 2007's would probably be better, but there is a good deal on the 2405 right now for only $639 plus tax from Dell Direct. I know that is still a bit high, but cheaper than buying two of the others.

Hmmmmm....

Higher base res for the vertial. It might be worth it for you.

1920x1200 == 1080p support off the bat.

You can always run PBP if you want to have a psuedo-dual setup.

:)

The 200FPW (and up) have four inputs. VGA = 1. DVI = 2. etc.

You can change the monitor to another input and it'll work like you want.

I'll post a shot of PIP and PBP later tonite when I get home.

^^^^ That would be sweet Saz, thanks.

I'm looking hard at the 2405FPW online now, thing is sexy as hell.

If the deal goes through while the deal is still good, I may go that route.

Why not wait for the 2407FPW? I thought you wanted HDCP?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back