Deleting stuff

W

Wyldfox

Is there anyway to get rid of some of the programs that WinXP PE adds that it won't let me manually or through add/remove programs delete....or can they be moved to my D drive? Things like Microsoft FrontPage, MSN Gaming Zone...
Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but that's my boot drive, and I'm running out of room with the stuff it adds...and keeps adding. Thanks. :)

Shanna

You can get rid of them by going into add/remove programs, then selecting windows components, uncheck the boxes for what you don't want and walla gone :)

It doesn't seem to let me do that....not all the things that were added are there. One thing I'm trying to get to there, IE repair, doesn't seem to work either. Thanks.

I"m having similar issues tryign to delete these same folders. I've turned off Windows file Protection to no avail. There must be some way to delete these folders - msn gaming zone, xerox, and microsoft frontpage. All are empty and all are claiming to be in use; safe mode and all other methods or attempts have failed, where's the sudo equivalent in windows?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back