• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Deleting a short cut

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
Hi guys ..

I have a PC running on Win XP Pro. In this PC, there are 2 users, user A (administrator) and user B (limited user). I have recently added Palm Desktop sofware and along comes with it a short cut called "quick install" to enable installation of software into my PDA.

The unfortunate part is, when user B logs into his account, there is a short cut with the picture of a folder on his desktop. There is no description or name for this short cut or whatso ever. Right click on it there is only the option of cut, create short cut, and delete. None of the functions work however.

Please advise how do I get rid of this icon? Your help and advise is most appreciated. Many thanks!! :D

If you delete it from the Admin Screen, than you can delete it from the other one..than go back & make a New Shortcut for the Admin Screen...I know it's a hassle, but it works.

dreamworks

--== babyface ==--
THANK YOU >> THANK YOU >> THANK YOU : )

It works .. the moment I deleted the icon from the Admin Screen .. the icon on the other user was gone by itself. All I needed to do was just to recreate a new short cut for myself. Why did that happened anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar