Deletes whole C Drive?

hndlthis

Can you handle this?
Is there a new virus out that is spread by email that can delete your whole c drive?

I was just 'warned' about it in an email from my cousin, but she often (about 97% of the time) gets fake emails warning her about these viruses that can do such things from her friends...

Nothing springs to mind. Generally sweeping statements like 'it wipes your c drive' do come from people who don't know what they are on about. Very few viruses have ever done this.

Unless the virus warning comes from a trusted source ignore them.

I should not have to tell you, don't open attachments and keep your AV up to date. If you do that you have no need to worry :)

While it won't wipe your entire C Drive. MyDoom.F will target Excel,Word,PowerPoint,BMP,JPG,and GIF files. This varient hit yesterday. Advice about AV Updated and not opening stranger email works great for not getting it though. :)

hndlthis said:
Is there a new virus out that is spread by email that can delete your whole c drive?

I was just 'warned' about it in an email from my cousin, but she often (about 97% of the time) gets fake emails warning her about these viruses that can do such things from her friends...

worst luck it's the ignorance of those sending the emails out that cause more internet traffic than the worms/viri themselve's do. you need to wake her up into deleteing and ignoring then ;)

it doesnt delete but spreads through shared folders and through email

hndlthis said:

never heard of a virus that can wipe out entire hard drive but u never know :p just find out what virus your cousin was refering to and google it..

I have no idea what she was talking about. The text in the email looked like it was typed by someone who didn't know what they were talking about... something like... "Be careful!!! Don't open any attachment with the subject "WTC: World Trade Center!!! It has a virus that deletes your whole hard drive!!!!!".

So stupid...

I was just curious anyway. I'll give her the Symantec site so she can look there for updates on such things. Not these amateur friends she has...

Thank you!

"OMG: LIKE DONT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS,,, OK???! CUZ lke LOL i dont know it messes up ur whole pc!" - if i read that i would laugh my ass off

I had a buddy send me an email saying that there could be a virus in your computer and do a search for this certain file can't remember the name of it so he searched for this windows file and deleted it lmao :p i called him up right away to make sure he does not delete this file but i was too late lol he had to format a couple days later because of this bogus email..my point is do not believe everything u read! ;)

Oh, it's not me that read these aweful things lol. It's my cousin. I don't open any spam mail... especially email attachments in the spam.

Reg.Regbomb.Trojan has been the only real effective attempt at formatting your C:\. Most other viruses that have attempted this do not work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back