Deleteing Temp internet files

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Does anyone know how i can disable deleteing of the temp internet files. Or can i make a duplicate folder somewhere else where they automatically go to.

Well I am not sure that you can totally prevent it, but you can right-click on internet explorer icon, and select "internet settings" then uner the temporary internet files, select "settings". From there you can move the slider all the way to the right so it will store the most amount, you can also move the temp file by selecting the "move folder" option. But as soon as you fill up that space you will lose the temp files as it will either delete them or overwrite the oldest files.

BTW, Why would you want to keep them? Unless of course you have a slow internet connection.

Internet Settings > Advanced > untick Delete temp files at closing browser (or simular words, I am Dutch).

What i want to do is to prevent someone from deleting them manually

How do i go about doing this stepby step i've had a look but couldn't see anything about it.

Password protect the folder?

Can you password protect the folder? I think you can in XP Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back