Delete Windows Or Not to Delete ?????

A

alloy25

Sometimes the icon for my bin says its got something in it......so I go to delete wateva is in it and it asks me this Question.........WHY???????

post a screenshot of the contents of the recycle bin too.

run a virus checker asap as well

cool.gif

Its asks out of the blue or when you press empty?

Its possible windows has become a little confused in its tracking of deleted items.

When its having one of its empty moments setup the bin as showen in the attached shot.

Apply the changes and then set it back to how it was. You can then rest assured the bin is actually empty.

If it asks after that you could always press yes bearing in mind it wont delete the windows dir because of system file protection. However not all files in the directory are included in the protection scope.

Its a strange one just thought i would give u my rougth thoughts on this :)

Originally posted by Iceman
post a screenshot of the contents of the recycle bin too.

run a virus checker asap as well

cool.gif

I run a nav 2003 check every second night ........

Here is wat is in my recycle bin at the moment but wen I go to delete these things it says do you want to delete 3 items....there is only 2 ?????

I just said yes to it and this is wat came up......

I forgot this didnt I :D

Setup this way it will force windows to remove any fragments or deleted items its holding in the bin it will also allow windows to recognise the bin is actually empty!

Just an idea but it may work.

Edit: Sorry for attaching a BMP im rushing and forgot to save it as jpg!

Originally posted by alloy25
I run a nav 2003 check every second night ........

Here is wat is in my recycle bin at the moment but wen I go to delete these things it says do you want to delete 3 items....there is only 2 ?????

I just said yes to it and this is wat came up......

Search your drive for "dc190" find out what it is and where it is if there at all :huh:

Originally posted by Enyo
Search your drive for "dc190" find out what it is and where it is if there at all :huh:

It is not on my comp anywhere........

How can it delete something that doesnt exist?????

Its Strange mate. Did u search hidden files to?

Did you try forcing an empty of the rbin the way i suggested?

I deleted the 2 files separately and then went out of bin.......i then right clicked and went to empty the bin but instead of saying do I want to delete windows ..now it says do I want to delete speed up ..which is one of the ones I deleted separately.??????:huh: :eek: :confused:

Wat the hell is going on??????:(

Originally posted by alloy25
I deleted the 2 files separately and then went out of bin.......i then right clicked and went to empty the bin but instead of saying do I want to delete windows ..now it says do I want to delete speed up ..which is one of the ones I deleted separately.??????:huh: :eek: :confused:

Wat the hell is going on??????:(

It has the same error mesege as well.....

:huh: My head hurts now!

Try running this reg fix to place the correct handlers for the bin and setup display and context menus.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/recycbin-2.reg

Im still looking into this but i have to say cant find any metion to a issue quite like this!

It may be worth booting into safe mode and seeing if you can empty the bin normally!

Have u checked for malware / trojans / viruses that may be causing problems?

This is a coincidence.

I recently installed and then promptly uninstalled Microsoft Plus! (via the delete key) and I had the same message. I right clicked on the bin and pressed empty, and it came up with that same message.

I of course almost shat my dacks and pressed no. I then went to the bin and had a look and there wasn't even anything in there.

It must be Windows getting confused, because the Plus! directory was located in the same directory as the Windows folder. I ran a virus scan straight afterwards and it found nothing.

:confused:

i actually posted on this also on monday with no luck. i ran 2 different virus scans and they came back clean. i went ahead and hit "yes" and everythig was ok. i have done a virus scan along with ad-aware and a reg-cleaner and all say everything is fine.

The problem has fixed itself......I did wat enyo suggested and it did not work......but then after a while it all came good again ????:huh: :confused:

Don't know why but its all good.....I like everyone else did all the searches for trojans viruses ETC.....loked in hidden files and did an extensive search of my h/drive and found absolutly nothing.....

Must be just one of those famous gliches Xp has ....

Thanks to all who tried to help...:happy: :) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back