Delete second Windows XP installation

P

prakbrug

I've installed Windows XP twice. Once on a primary partition and once on a logical partition. Can I remove safely the partition on logical partition without messing up the bootmenu of the second Win XP?

I've tried it with Partition Magic 7.0 Pro, but he removed the partition after rebooting. But the other Windows Xp installation failed to boot. After copying ntldr, boot.ini etc to that partition it boots but hangs when Partition Magic wants to run his tasks which is very logic.

Is there a safe way of deleting the second installation of windows XP so I can merge the free space with the first partition with Partition Magic?

Ill be honest with you ....

why play around with all that junk ... when you can just do a format and have a nice clean install..... i mean it takes 40 mins to do and its all perfect

i format every 3 months

That way you know everything will run right and you wont be plagued with problems in a few months

or play around with partitions and software for a week ... !

Cause there are important files on one harddisk. In need to keep those cause I have no cd-writer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back