Delayed Actions

I

Icex999

As of recently (like last week), my PC running XP has been sluggish while beginning an operation. Once the operation, has begun, however, performance is as it used to be. Like, if I open an mp3 in win-amp or a video file in WMP it'll take like 15-20 seconds before it actually starts playing. Once it starts playing, there are no problems, but that wait is worrying me. Also, when I type in a URL in Iexplore, and hit enter/go it'll take like 5-10 seconds before it actually starts loading the page.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
~Ice

I'd do a full system scan with a virus checker first, sounds like u might have one, could be a lot of different things though, but that is where I would check first. :(

Fixed!!

Iceman - thanks for your help...before I ran the virus scan, I decided to kick open taskmanager....I found a crack I had installed for Flash FXP running in the background...i ended the task, and the problem is gone! Thanks again.

Peace

good deal :D

I would have left out the part about the crack myself, but glad u got it up and running fine. :eek:

Mmm...

That's strange that has happened to me twice as well. I open up TM and there is a process running at 99%.

I am running NAV2002 and N Firwall and neither of them have picked it up.

When I close the process it (touch wood) never comes back again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back