delay in searching

gillmacca

Macca
This isn't a serious problem, but a little bit annoying.

I am using windows xp pro +sp2.
Google is set up as my default search engine.

When searching via google(for lotus, example) , it shows the results almost immediately, but if I do a search using the address bar, it tries to load http://lotus/, then msn, before going to google. It doesnt load the first 2, but I can see it in the status bar.

This all occured after I had been trying out googlebar. I removed it and then had problems getting address bar to search. It searches now, but just with this annoying delay.

Any suggestions how to fix this little annoyance?

Many thanks for any help you can give me

Internet Explorer uses MSN search by default.

I suggest Firefox.

Admiral Michael said:
I'll third it, been spyware free for 8 months :D

I use IE, haven't had spyware (besides tracking cookies) in about a year or so.

The replies in this thread make me ashamed to be a Firefox user...and it's not the first time. *sigh*

NetRyder said:
The replies in this thread make me ashamed to be a Firefox user...and it's not the first time. *sigh*

Why ashamed?

NetRyder said:
Well said and it goes on in many topics.He's looking for answers not pointless opinions :crosseyed:

kcnychief said:
Why ashamed?
Ashamed because it makes me feel like part of an irrational, brainwashed cult...

Nothing against the app itself. It's a good, solid browser, and I've used it every day since the Phoenix days (yes, one of the early-adopters), but it bugs me when people try to push it off as being the solution to every IE-related problem.

Nothing wrong with suggesting it IMO, which is what I did. I'm against suggesting something completely different without providing some help or information in response to the immediate problem. In this case I didn't have time to lookup how to change the default in IE, but I still provided the information that it was an IE setting... and then I suggested Firefox. :)

LOL well they need to push firefox so they can boast about how many downloads they now have !!

And I dont have spyware problems either eith IE with Microsofts Antispyware and Googletool bar IE really is very nice. I would reinstall the googletoolbar

Evil Marge said:
Well said and it goes on in many topics.He's looking for answers not pointless opinions :crosseyed:

Yes like everytime there is a "news" no matter what the subject ie: Google pay service it is made into an ANTI microsoft bashing thread right away and this all the time and I have mentioned it before this site was never like that back in the day.

Well, I think the point has been made. Let's get back on topic, please.

Well I still say try to reinstall the toolbar or try the system restore its not bad at all for stuff like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back