Defragmenting Pagefile?

O

OTE

When using the defragmentation program supplied with windows, is there anyway to make the 'unmovable files' move able, am i correct in guessing this is the page file.

ya, I'm on a slow connection and can't search the link for you, but I posted a free pagefile defragmenting program somewhere

do a search for it on this site

when doing the search, click show results as posts, and look for it

great little program there

once you defrag the pagefile, you'll never have to defrag it again, unless you manually increase the initial minimum, or you install more ram and the os increases the initial minimum

ah, I see enyo posted a link to the programjust below me...get that

thanx for the link.. im gonna use it now :). i think my comp could do with it.. :p hehe

Thanx once again :cool:

:confused: it didnt take long to do.. is that normal? It took about 15 seconds if that to do it :confused:

Has it missed something or is that expected? :confused:

Alex

ya, that's normal

mostly because most pagefiles aren't that fragmented, and can't possibly become fragmented

the pagefile doesn't ever get any more fragmented then it is when it's created...

usually this is just a few fragments, and that will remain unchanged unless you've tried messing with it, and that will fragment it too.

usually, fragmentation of the pf is not enough to cause any performance degradation whatsoever.

now, some utilities, llike perfect disc will not only defragment the file, they will also move the file to what it believes is a more efficient area on te disc

that would take some time longer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back