Defrag

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Seems something has happened to defrag (software?). I was going to defrag my system today but when I click it (XPs built in defrag) it says "Windows cannot open this file ... File: dfrg.msc" What are some other dfrag softwares I can use?

I'm poor and can't afford Vista. Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

Oh yeah, will remember to hook you up with a copy next week :eek:
Gonna be distracted all weekend

Steer clear of Diskeeper 10, I trialled it and it quadroupled my bootup time, sent an email to support, they said it's a known bug thats only affecting a few customers computers. Thanks! I said, and un-installed it immediately.

Must be me, I also 'purchased' Acronis 10 at the same, installed no problem, thought I would do a back-up of Outlook email folders, as this was why I initailly bought it, and hey presto! It crashed! 'Great', fired of email and guess what, 'known bug', and still not fixed from Oct 2006.

Geezer.

Last edited:
What's her name? :p

Don't you mean HIS name? :D

Steer clear of Diskeeper 10, I trialled it and it quadroupled my bootup time, sent an email to support, they said it's a known bug thats only affecting a few customers computers. Thanks! I said, and un-installed it immediately.

Must be me, I also 'purchased' Acronis 10 at the same, installed no problem, thought I would do a back-up of Outlook email folders, as this was why I initailly bought it, and hey presto! It crashed! 'Great', fired of email and guess what, 'known bug', and still not fixed from Oct 2006.

Geezer.

Diskkeeper 2007 is much improved over version 10 :)

Seems something has happened to defrag (software?). I was going to defrag my system today but when I click it (XPs built in defrag) it says "Windows cannot open this file ... File: dfrg.msc" What are some other dfrag softwares I can use?
I would insert your CD and run a "sfc /scannow" from the Run box, this would probably fix it.

Get Diskeeper 2007, it works very well and also has an "Automatic Defragmentation" feature so the program checks and defrags your drives in the background.

Gona leave me out in the cold then? :cry:
Just offer me a price for a copy... :nervous:

hey hey if we are begging hook me up too. lol. gona have to *find* a copy or buy one in the next few weeks.

This is a DOS version, but still it's free. I have it run every week in the middle of the night on my different drives so I don't care about it being text.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\defrag.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back