• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Defrag

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Seems something has happened to defrag (software?). I was going to defrag my system today but when I click it (XPs built in defrag) it says "Windows cannot open this file ... File: dfrg.msc" What are some other dfrag softwares I can use?

Steer clear of Diskeeper 10, I trialled it and it quadroupled my bootup time, sent an email to support, they said it's a known bug thats only affecting a few customers computers. Thanks! I said, and un-installed it immediately.

Must be me, I also 'purchased' Acronis 10 at the same, installed no problem, thought I would do a back-up of Outlook email folders, as this was why I initailly bought it, and hey presto! It crashed! 'Great', fired of email and guess what, 'known bug', and still not fixed from Oct 2006.

Geezer.

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Don't you mean HIS name? :D

Steer clear of Diskeeper 10, I trialled it and it quadroupled my bootup time, sent an email to support, they said it's a known bug thats only affecting a few customers computers. Thanks! I said, and un-installed it immediately.

Must be me, I also 'purchased' Acronis 10 at the same, installed no problem, thought I would do a back-up of Outlook email folders, as this was why I initailly bought it, and hey presto! It crashed! 'Great', fired of email and guess what, 'known bug', and still not fixed from Oct 2006.

Geezer.
Diskkeeper 2007 is much improved over version 10 :)

Seems something has happened to defrag (software?). I was going to defrag my system today but when I click it (XPs built in defrag) it says "Windows cannot open this file ... File: dfrg.msc" What are some other dfrag softwares I can use?
I would insert your CD and run a "sfc /scannow" from the Run box, this would probably fix it.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Get Diskeeper 2007, it works very well and also has an "Automatic Defragmentation" feature so the program checks and defrags your drives in the background.

Stevai

OSNN Junior Addict
This is a DOS version, but still it's free. I have it run every week in the middle of the night on my different drives so I don't care about it being text.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\defrag.exe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown