Defrag program

Stormweaver

OSNN Junior Addict
Which defrag program does everyone use and/or recommend?

PerfectDisk
Diskeeper
O&O Defrag

I highly recommend PerfectDisk.

However, if you don't want to pay for a defrag utility; AusLogics is a nice defragger. Basic, but it gets the job done.

Use PerfectDisk as well, great little program.

Are any of these utilities even needed with the new and improved Disk Defragmenter built into Windows Vista?

Perfect disk here, but diskkeeper is supposed to have a new version out with improved features.

As for Madmatt's question-

How about some or the poseters above using Vista and perfectdisk running a comparison and letting us know? Please, pretty please?

As far as I know, Vista does not offer the level of disk optimization that PerfectDisk offers, but I could be wrong.

I use Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier.

Are any of these utilities even needed with the new and improved Disk Defragmenter built into Windows Vista?

For disk optimisation I think yes and it does help. But with vista and it's superfetch feature, most of the files/apps that you use on a daily basis, you'd probably see little difference in speed of execution.

For disk optimisation I think yes and it does help. But with vista and it's superfetch feature, most of the files/apps that you use on a daily basis, you'd probably see little difference in speed of execution.

Aswell as the fact the others offer Offline Defragmentation too, i used Perfect Disk for a while, now i'm trying O&O, i must say the interface of O&O is better than PD8, and i like the Screen saver defrag option which i use.

Just my thoughts...

tried many over the years, diskeepeer/o&o/perfectdisk/ultimate defrag etc..
the past 6 months ive just been running windows built in defragger on all my machines via bat files, and my computers are running better than ever

all have differing roles (2 mediacenter's/server/laptop/DAW) and all run great.

I've got active licenses to PD8, Diskeeper 2007 pro premier, O&O 10, Ultimate defrag and they all have their pro's and cons.

Ideally I'd want someone to come up with a defrager that has PD's amazing sorting ability, diskeepers idle defrag, O&O's realtime activity display and ultimates on-disk location optimiser :)

hah, and call it "Perfect O&O Ultimate Disk Pro Premier"

I use Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier.

I use Diskeeper too, but the Pro version; it is a great defragger. Its been on the automatic mode since day 1 and keeps all 3 drives defragged nicely. I liked it better than PD or O&O.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back