• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Defrag program

Tarun

www.lunarsoft.net
I highly recommend PerfectDisk.

However, if you don't want to pay for a defrag utility; AusLogics is a nice defragger. Basic, but it gets the job done.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Are any of these utilities even needed with the new and improved Disk Defragmenter built into Windows Vista?

Perfect disk here, but diskkeeper is supposed to have a new version out with improved features.

As for Madmatt's question-

How about some or the poseters above using Vista and perfectdisk running a comparison and letting us know? Please, pretty please?

Aprox

Political User
As far as I know, Vista does not offer the level of disk optimization that PerfectDisk offers, but I could be wrong.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Are any of these utilities even needed with the new and improved Disk Defragmenter built into Windows Vista?
For disk optimisation I think yes and it does help. But with vista and it's superfetch feature, most of the files/apps that you use on a daily basis, you'd probably see little difference in speed of execution.

For disk optimisation I think yes and it does help. But with vista and it's superfetch feature, most of the files/apps that you use on a daily basis, you'd probably see little difference in speed of execution.
Aswell as the fact the others offer Offline Defragmentation too, i used Perfect Disk for a while, now i'm trying O&O, i must say the interface of O&O is better than PD8, and i like the Screen saver defrag option which i use.

Just my thoughts...

tried many over the years, diskeepeer/o&o/perfectdisk/ultimate defrag etc..
the past 6 months ive just been running windows built in defragger on all my machines via bat files, and my computers are running better than ever

all have differing roles (2 mediacenter's/server/laptop/DAW) and all run great.

I've got active licenses to PD8, Diskeeper 2007 pro premier, O&O 10, Ultimate defrag and they all have their pro's and cons.

Ideally I'd want someone to come up with a defrager that has PD's amazing sorting ability, diskeepers idle defrag, O&O's realtime activity display and ultimates on-disk location optimiser :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies