• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Defrag Prog

S

Sparsely

I'm still using old Ontrack SystemSuite 4...with JetDefrag.
I like it because it defrags the files into "clusters". All the .dll's and such kept together,
frequently modified, rarely modified, etc. are kept seperate.
It will also defrag the registry, and your boot sector.

zyfos

Resurrected
I personally prefer Roxco's PerfectDisk, tho it's not free. Does the defrag right the first time and can also do "clustering". If you want, you can get a trial version from their website.

The built in XP defrag program is made, in part, by Executive Software International, Inc., the same company that makes Diskeeper. (Help -> About Disk Defragmenter)

Originally posted by zyfos
The built in XP defrag program is made, in part, by Executive Software International, Inc., the same company that makes Diskeeper. (Help -> About Disk Defragmenter)
:eek: I never knew that... and so many people say the built in XP one is awful and diskeeper is so much better.

Originally posted by zyfos
I personally prefer Roxco's PerfectDisk, tho it's not free. Does the defrag right the first time and can also do "clustering".
Same here :)
But since he was looking for a freeware alternative, I recommended Diskeeper Lite or O&O

oreverb

OSNN Junior Addict
I don't know why but I never got O&O defrag to work correctly with scheduling. It would just run once at scheduled time, despite choosing to defragment every day at given time. Diskeeper works fine in all ways, so that's what I have kept using.

B

Bronx Bomber

i use VoptXP v7. it says its only a 30 day free trial....but ive had it for about 6 months, so go figure.

though now that ive said that, it probably wont work.

D

dadx2mj

I have used Norton's Speed Disk, Diskeeper, and Perfect Dick. They all cost money but Perfect Disk did the best job for me with Diskeeper a close second and Speed Disk pulling up the rear.

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
whatever you use, if you like to purge tour temporary intenet files, then do it before the defrag.

save tons of time and needless hardrive activity

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis