Defrag Prog

Anakist

Way too much time here...
Need a good free one. Sick of the windowsXP one.

James

I've allways used Norton Speed Disk ( Norton System Works 2003 )

Well, it looks like he's looking for a free one, so O&O and Diskeeper Lite seem to be two good ones out there, without a price tag :)

I'm still using old Ontrack SystemSuite 4...with JetDefrag.
I like it because it defrags the files into "clusters". All the .dll's and such kept together,
frequently modified, rarely modified, etc. are kept seperate.
It will also defrag the registry, and your boot sector.

Hmm, Couldnt get onto O&O, have diskeeper for a trial, where can I get lite?

James

I personally prefer Roxco's PerfectDisk, tho it's not free. Does the defrag right the first time and can also do "clustering". If you want, you can get a trial version from their website.

The built in XP defrag program is made, in part, by Executive Software International, Inc., the same company that makes Diskeeper. (Help -> About Disk Defragmenter)

Originally posted by zyfos
The built in XP defrag program is made, in part, by Executive Software International, Inc., the same company that makes Diskeeper. (Help -> About Disk Defragmenter)

:eek: I never knew that... and so many people say the built in XP one is awful and diskeeper is so much better.

Originally posted by zyfos
I personally prefer Roxco's PerfectDisk, tho it's not free. Does the defrag right the first time and can also do "clustering".

Same here :)
But since he was looking for a freeware alternative, I recommended Diskeeper Lite or O&O

I don't know why but I never got O&O defrag to work correctly with scheduling. It would just run once at scheduled time, despite choosing to defragment every day at given time. Diskeeper works fine in all ways, so that's what I have kept using.

i use VoptXP v7. it says its only a 30 day free trial....but ive had it for about 6 months, so go figure.

though now that ive said that, it probably wont work.

I have used Norton's Speed Disk, Diskeeper, and Perfect Dick. They all cost money but Perfect Disk did the best job for me with Diskeeper a close second and Speed Disk pulling up the rear.

whatever you use, if you like to purge tour temporary intenet files, then do it before the defrag.

save tons of time and needless hardrive activity

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back