Default File Upload location?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
How do I change the default "File Upload" directory (which is currently C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\) to something else? I'm talking about the one that shows up when you click on 'Browse...' for e-mail attachments.

Yes, if I change the path to something else, select something there, then the default will change to that. But is there a file to edit accordingly?

This may even be a regedit that I cannot find..... any advice? It seems all apps follow that setting.

Probably not the answer your looking for, but with the MS TweakUI windows add on, you can change the four icon'd shortcuts on the left side of that window.

The defaults are My Documents, Desktop, and two others I cant remember. You can change them to any folder you want.

Last edited:
Unless I'm misunderstanding the question

Tools-Options

in the middle window click Save Files To and tell it where (I download to desktop).

or

you can have it prompt you for where to save them to.

You misunderstood :)

He wants to set the default location of the "open" window rather than the "save as" window.

I spent an hour googling, surfing the mozilla project, scouring the registry, etc and came up with a blank. It does not look promising.

I've seen one windows app. a few years ago that lets you add items to the file open sidebar but can't remember which it was. The same techniques did not work for firefox.

I've seen one windows app. a few years ago that lets you add items to the file open sidebar but can't remember which it was. The same techniques did not work for firefox.

It's MS TweakUI that lets you do this (as I mentioned above). The file open/save sidebar is universal across windows once you customize it.

Try this:

Right click on your Firefox shortcut
Click on properties
Change the path in "Start in:"

Nope just download TweakUI (google)
install
5th option down is called "common dialogs"
sub menu "places bar"
choose "custom places bar"
type in the paths to dir's you want as shortcuts

They give you 5 spots, but the 5th one is useless as only 4 spots are available on the shortcut menu.

The start in option doesnt make a difference. Any regedits for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back