Fixed decreased spam report time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xie

- geek -
I would like to see the amount of threads that can be reported as spam have a decrease in wait time. I got on this morning and saw like 5 or 6 spam threads and couldn't report them all as you have to wait far to long before you can report the 2nd (ect.) after the 1st. I usually have to go or just leave the forums.

I know this could be abused, so maybe have it based on class/post count? Those that have been around a bit are really unlikely to abuse it. :nervous:

Generally if it is the same user doing the spam we can take care of it in one swoop as we just ban the user and delete all their posts, no need to report all of their posts :)

I think the mods usually delete the threads and posts and ban users as needed before y'all see some of the activity :)

I've dealt with several spammers the last few days :)

I found it kind of humorous that someone just tried to spam this thread... just deleted/banned the user :)

I think what you need to start doing is moderating the new member sign ups. All this spam is getting ridiculous. I find to especially be bad when there is a prize drawing going on ...

I think what you need to start doing is moderating the new member sign ups. All this spam is getting ridiculous. I find to especially be bad when there is a prize drawing going on ...

Ha, the last prize drawing had nobody in it. So I don't think it is all bad ...

I have made some changes to our spam protection system tonight, will see how they play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back