"Decrapify" your PC XD

SkyFuser

Techtard in Training
Political Access
"Decrapify" your PC, especially if it's new. I hate those Wild Tangent, Office, and security trials, and who knows what else is added to the list of crapware on your computer.

PC Decrapifier actually searches your computer to see if you have any "crapware" software bundles that's not needed on your PC and will help you remove it. Makes Restore Points as needed.
Very handy for Symantec and McAfee.

CAUTION: It can't tell the difference between a trial and paid versions, so you what you're doing when uninstalling!
Very useful on that VAIO I just reformatted, I cleared about 200MB, lol.

Check it out here.
It's standalone so no install needed :D
You can find the "crapplications" it removes here.
pcdc-select-items2.preview.jpg

It's hard to believe it took so long for such an application to come along. Good to know although I prefer to take care of such removals from the install source, and install Windows cleanly afterward, but I know that's not always a realistic option for some people.

Thanks for the info.

Yep, I personally like Revo a lot better, but this is useful for those programs that don't have a removal option (COUGH COUGH SYMANTEC). I don't like their official removal tools.

90% of the larger posts to this forum since the contest began has been posts advertising software in the same style as your post starting this thread.

The rest have been two word wonders along the lines of "great post"

I'm sure there are other ways people can contribute to the forum, we have general banter, music and film/misc entertainment areas too :)

90% of the larger posts

In the spirit of Carpo (LOL BTW) and I know I'm off topic:

Statistician's Blues

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]99 percent think we're 3 percent 100 percent of the time[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]64 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]82.4 percent of people believe 'em whether they're accurate statistics or not[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know what you believe but I do know there's no doubt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I need another double shot of something 90 proof[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got too much to think about[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Too much to think about[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Too much to figure out[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stuck between hope and doubt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's too much to think about[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They say 92 percent of everything you learned in school was just bull**** you'll never need[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]84 percent of everything you got you bought to satisfy your greed[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because 90 percent of the world's population links possessions to success[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even though 80 percent of the wealthiest 1 percent of the population[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drinks to an alarming excess[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More money, more stress[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pick it now[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]84 percent of all statisticians truly hate their jobs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They say the average bank robber lives within say about 20 miles of the bank that he robs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's this little bank not far from here I've been watching now for a while[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lately all I can think about's how bad I wanna go out in style[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it's too much to think about[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's right[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amen[/FONT]

I laughed at the statistics.
You know, the reason we learn all that idiotic stuff (who the heck will need to know calculus in real life, really) is because all jobs require different skills. I refuse to go to college if I must learn the basic stuff there.

As for your thoughts about not being FileForum... I only started this because I saw others doing so. I'm a sheep :O And I'm not very knowledgeable in graphics or programming so I can't really make useful posts.

But you know, this area is probably where things are most discussed next to the dragon laptop. And technically this place is software discussion, so wouldn't it be only logical to give some software recommendations here? >_<

Maybe we need a "best free software" sticky. A single thread where people can post about apps they find.
Then, after members try them and leave feedback, the mods can decide which apps are worth keeping or deleting.
If kept they are added to the sticky.

As for your thoughts about not being FileForum... I only started this because I saw others doing so. I'm a sheep :O And I'm not very knowledgeable in graphics or programming so I can't really make useful posts.

But you know, this area is probably where things are most discussed next to the dragon laptop. And technically this place is software discussion, so wouldn't it be only logical to give some software recommendations here? >_<

This would be true in most cases. I myself have dropped software recommendations here.

However everyone that came here in the hopes of winning a laptop is spamming in the hopes it will be seen as useful and increase their chance of winning.

Most of the posts are junk and won't do them any favours.

If you plan to stick around, your best bet is to join some of the regular threads in the green room and wait until most of the competition posters leave having not won a $5k laptop before posting software recommendation posts to minimise the chance of usefull posts being caught in the crossfire between mods cleaning up junk posts, and competition only posters posting spam :)

Hehe, sadly almost everyone that signed up within the last week is trying for the laptop. Me included ;D However, I do plan to stick around and try and be helpful to this forum.
And for some reason, however I look at it, the Green Room forum has many spam threads itself. XD A thread called "spam"
And whlie I do agree we should stop spamming (myself included >_<) I do think the software recommendations are very useful. But that's just my opinion, and mods are free to disagree with that.

Yea i came here for the contest.... but at this point of time i have become some what addicted to OSNN forum... I won't leave this place... OSSN rockzzzzzzz....

I became aware of OSNN because of the contest, but I'm not entering (at least not on this site), because it's too much like work. :)

But I took a look around and almost immediately saw a post from someone who needed help in an interesting subject that I could contribute to. I like helping people in technical matters.

Yep, I have become like... as BleepingComputer says, "Bleepin' Addict" :laugh: This place is too cool to ditch XD

I don't want a laptop, I just want good posts and even better replies!

Good for some of my friends who don't uncheck those small checkboxes when installing things... Thanks :)

What, you're supposed to read what those checkboxes are for before just hitting Next and going with the default!? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back