deciding career pathway

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
does anyone know a program that helps you decide career pathways and includes salary, advice. etc .?

be come a gangsta, like me.

good pay an good hours

don't talk about nuthin and don't know nuthin and youll be fine.

Pop Idol? :D

Sorry, but it would be helpful to know what country you are in...

Mubbers

Posted by DrMetallica

good pay an good hours

heh... thats really good advice :rolleyes:

almostfamous88, why would you need a program to decide wha tyou want to become? Choose something that you like to do. I know I wouldnt let a program choose what I want to become.

Posted by DrMetallica

good pay an good hours

what the man said ! although it might cut a few years out of yourlife. so u better go for pop idol :p

I think he is looking for some kind of personality test to see what he is more suited to doing with his life...

Here are some links that have helped me in my professional career:

Spook.gov.us

Ten Hut!.com

Let us know how you get on?

Mubbers

Seriously AF88 - If you give us an idea we might be able to help...

almostfamous88 - heh... coinsidence or what... currently in my final year @ school and getting flooded with career advice software stuff... only one i can think off the top of my head is a programe called "Qudos" - huge database of possible careers to pursue... has a few questionnairs which it uses to help you find the right job... or atleast thats the bull its feeding me :D and theres also a book called "Jobs 2002" which again.. is a bug database of jobs and stuff.. with saleries and stuff...

but saying all that.. and then deciding to check yer IP.. to see which country you are in.. looks like america.. find out the advice advice won't help too much unless you come to England :D

MdSalih

Actually I feel guilty about being a bit silly there!

When I entered 'career' into google I got literally 20,200,000 hits. However down the right hand side there was a number of career planning sites.

This is the link I got:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=career&meta=

& if that don't work this was the first site I tried:

http://www.workingcareers.com

Mubbers

P.S. I suspect something similar would work if you happened to live (for example) in America!

lol mumbers u got a nice career. some where off shore most of the time :p

Actually I would suggest for the technically minded that Schlumberger at www.slb.com are a good company to work for. I started my offshore career with them and the scope of their business is enormous.

If you've any technical inclinations at all then give 'em a try. It's a global corporation and anyone working for them has opportunities to work overseas from wherever you start...

The money in the Oil & Gas Sector is also quite good.

Mubbers

Posted by MdSalih
almostfamous88 - heh... coinsidence or what... currently in my final year @ school and getting flooded with career advice software stuff... only one i can think off the top of my head is a programe called "Qudos" - huge database of possible careers to pursue... has a few questionnairs which it uses to help you find the right job... or atleast thats the bull its feeding me :D and theres also a book called "Jobs 2002" which again.. is a bug database of jobs and stuff.. with saleries and stuff...

Same here man, but I think that it is spelled KUDOS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back