deciding between 2 headset mic's..... second opinions needed

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok..... i'm kinda debating between these two headset microphones.

Logitech Extreme PC Gaming headset
Logitech Internet Chat Headset

Mostly going to be using it for gaming (whether it's using in game chat like in HL2, UT2k4, etc... or by using Teamspeak). Which one would be the better buy? anybody know of any better for about the same price? i used to have the Logitech Precision PC Gaming headset, but the foam ring around the headphones themselves weren't really comfortable in mid-summer if you know what i mean.

*bump*

any input? really would like to hear an opinion of someone who has one of the 2, or both..... or just relative input as to which you would get and why.

They look the same for the most part.

A few differences in the resistnace but not signifcant.

Probably go with the gaming one because its designed for gaming (supposedly, the other one has basically the same look and specs).

I'd go for a sennheiser headset myself :)

But thats just cos I' know how amazing my Sennheiser HD280 headphones are :)

Between those 2 go for the gaming headset. The ear peices are large and have larger pads. That makes a big difference after they're on for a while.

Personally I like the Plantronics myself, but they run $30.

LordOfLA said:
I'd go for a sennheiser headset myself :)

But thats just cos I' know how amazing my Sennheiser HD280 headphones are :)
I have a set of HD497 and they sound sexy. ;)

As for you ED perhaps if you can find them at a local store try them both on and see which fits better? If not going w/ the gamers probably.

i'm just worried cause i don't know if the gaming ones have that ring of thick foam padding that goes around where the actual speakers are..... or if it's just that thin layer of foam going over the whole front of the speaker part.

edit: also looked at those Sennheiser headsets..... guess you's missed the part about me using it for voice communication.

edit #2: think i'm jus gonna order the gaming one. just read a review for the other one and it said it'd be good for internet chat, but not for gaming, due to lack in sound range because of weak drivers for the speakers.

Last edited:
eeh....... not a fan of over-the-head headsets..... like behind the neck more....... and as i already mentioned, the set i had before was WAY too hot with the thick foam ring cup-like thing.

I always buy plantronics for headphones whether it's gaming or with a cell phone

B0007V9Z08.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I use this one here, it looks like one of the ones that you linked to, it came free with me pre-order of BF2 :) They fit nice and work great, but there isnt much bass to them.

yeah. that's why i got the next step higher, the Extreme PC Gaming headset. they say there's a lot broader range of sound levels with the gaming ones than there is with the Internet Chat headset, which is the one you have. Too bad Archos doesn't make behind-the-neck headset mic's. i have a set of the headphones from when i had an Archos MP3 player, and i just noticed that they've got awesome sound quality, cause i hooked them up yesterday for the hell of it since it was easy due to the headphone port on the front of my 5.1 surround sound speaker setup's center channel speaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back