Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
A legend was taken before his time.

PhotoLennon_1.jpg

We miss ya buddy.

Last edited:
Re: December 8, 2006

I've never paid much attention to The Beatles until a week ago when I got my hands on Love. It's interesting how it sounds like so much of everything else I've heard...or maybe it's the other way around :p I'm really enjoying "Eleanor Rigby" right now.

I'm planning on getting Revolver and Sgt. Pepper to get a better feel for them.

Anyway, they are surely the most influential band of our time.

The title is kinda misleading as Lennon died December 8th, 1980. At first I thought the post was about something that happened Dec. 8th 2006.

Dualy noted. Mods, please change the title of the thread?

I've never paid much attention to The Beatles until a week ago when I got my hands on Love. It's interesting how it sounds like so much of everything else I've heard...or maybe it's the other way around :p I'm really enjoying "Eleanor Rigby" right now.

I'm planning on getting Revolver and Sgt. Pepper to get a better feel for them.

Anyway, they are surely the most influential band of our time.

Get the White Album and Sgt. Pepper. Revolver is nice, but those two are the beatles at their best - mature enough and not yet nostalgic about themselves.

As for Lennon :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vked3BDuC0M

No, its NOT Imagine :p

No way, Abbey Road is hands down by far the greatest album ever made by anyone. This is not up for debate.

Went to lunch with my parents yesterday. Since this day has passed people who were alive around then tend to remember.

My mother decides to tell me that on December 8th, of 1980 - she found out she was pregnant with me and went to bed happy. Woke up the next day and found out he died - not so happy :(

She will never forget when I was "announced" though.

I was just turned 12 in Dec 1980 but can't remember the day he died though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back