Deafult GPO settings

Marius

OSNN Newbie
I need to find out if there is a way of setting default GPO settings in Custom Administrative Templates?

What I want to do is to Enable\Disable several settings instead of leaving it as Not Configured, is that possible?

Best regards,
Marius

Marius said:
I need to find out if there is a way of setting default GPO settings in Custom Administrative Templates?

What I want to do is to Enable\Disable several settings instead of leaving it as Not Configured, is that possible?

Best regards,
Marius

Which administrative template are you referring to, and why bother with that? Why not create a seperate GPO if you want to modify your settings, and then have it only apply to certain security groups?

Agreed with chief. If you want this to be a domain-wide policy then just create it at the domain level and enforce it. i don't like to do this because it tends to affect my servers as well, but I'm not sure what you're trying to do here :)

fimchick said:
Agreed with chief. If you want this to be a domain-wide policy then just create it at the domain level and enforce it. i don't like to do this because it tends to affect my servers as well, but I'm not sure what you're trying to do here :)

Even if you apply it at the domain level you could put your servers into a different OU, and exclude that OU from this GPO being applied. Just a rule of thumb I have used in my short experience, all servers have a different OU with a different GPO. But, I'm a control freak :)

Basically, what I have done is created an UBER restrictive GPO, and just loosened my grip in areas as problems arise that they need to be loosened in.

Yes I know, but I was referring to an Enforced policy :) At the domain level it would then be applied to every OU even if inheritance blocking is on.

fimchick said:
Yes I know, but I was referring to an Enforced policy :) At the domain level it would then be applied to every OU even if inheritance blocking is on.

There is a way to block everything, that's all i can say :eek:

fimchick said:
Tell me :) If there's a way, then I definitely want to know! :)

The nights of the M$ round table would take away my knight-ship! I have a document at home, when I return I will PM you :)

Ha, would be nice to hear back from the OP, incase I misunderstood his question :)

No offense tho FimChick, good banter :)

I asked for defaults, cause this GPO will be sent to some of my customers and I do not want to waste their time setting them up. These options must be enabled when GPO is imported. It is a KIOSK GPO.

Marius said:
I asked for defaults, cause this GPO will be sent to some of my customers and I do not want to waste their time setting them up. These options must be enabled when GPO is imported. It is a KIOSK GPO.

If that is the case, I would just create a GPO, call it KIOSK or something similar. Once you have it setup the way you want it, export it where you are, import it where they are. You may use Microsoft's GPMC to do this.

Defaults? If you read the description of each object it will tell you what the default is.

e.g. If this policy is set to Disabled or Not Configured then this will happen.

madmatt said:
Defaults? If you read the description of each object it will tell you what the default is.

e.g. If this policy is set to Disabled or Not Configured then this will happen.

Good point. Something also to remember (which I made the mistake of the first time around) that if you set something to Disabled, let it apply, and then back to Not Configured, it stays Disabled. Sons of **** hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back