madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Sick of waiting for a new AIM+ or MyIM?
Sick of the bulky new AIM 5.* window?
Too many toolbars?
Sick of the ads?
Do you miss the logging feature?

All good reasons to try DeadAIM. Although I just came across this program, it works quite well. Not only does it block ads, it removes the AIM logo from up top (where the ad appears). You can also remove those annoying, and huge toolbars from the top and bottom of the AIM window. It also has a log feature (in which I have no use for) but could be quite useful. And lets not forget about the transparency feature.

I haven't noticed any changes in performance yet, as AIM seems to be functioning normally.

Give it a try today. Official URL below.

http://www.jdennis.net/index2.htm

Forget about AIM+ and MyIM, DeadAIM is in the house. Enjoy.

Thanks Madmatt, awsome link. Got the program, works great, and those annoying AIM banner ads are gone.

Love it so far, all but one thing; You can't resize the buddy list window, or at least, I can't.

Nick, I had no problems resizing the window. hmmm. weird.

And I forgot to mention the best part of all. Unlike AIM+ and MyIM, DeadAIM is a plugin for AIM, not an additional .EXE that must also be run. Works with aim.exe, now how's that?

Try it today.

I gave it a try, seems to be working good so far. I did have a little issue resizing buddy list window. I can do it but only to a certain limit. I cant make it as small as I would like but can adjust it within a certain range. I can happily live with this to be rid of all the adds and junk.

I will look into that and see what I can figure out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back