DDR333 & 8INXP MoBo Help!!!!

F

Feedo

Hi,
I have an 8INXP MoBo & i just bough 4 Specktek sticks of DDR333 (256MB each). They are working in dual mode, however, i'm getting a frequency of 200 MHz only!!!

My BoMo does not support DDR333 officially, anyone has an idea about what to do to get the benefit from my RAM ?

thanx

333 will not work unless the board supports it. You can attempt to overclock it, but there are no guarantees. I suggest that you do a forum search, there are more than enough threads that talk about it.

why not run your memory at 266mhz? sure, you don't support 333, but no reason to run it at 200mhz. and since the memory's going to be underclocked, you can lower the timings on it.

and it's amazing that you have a p4 board with 6-phase power and you don't know anything about overclocking. :p increasing the frontside bus (fsb) will directly increase your cpu and memroy speed. you won't damage anything unless you're stupid about it and dial in large jumps instead of gradually going up and finding your limit. increasing your fsb by 25% should be easy to achieve and would cause your memory to run at 333. :) do it slowly, though. increase your fsb by 10mhz and use it for a while or run some benchmarks to make sure it's stable... then go up again. once it halts or doesn't boot, back it down a bit.

Its important to know how to get out of a jam in this situation On my board as I crawl up the fsb and push it I know that if I cant get a boot I need to hold the ( insert ) key as I boot to default all settings to the norm.. I would get the .pdf manual for that board and give it a good read so you will be able to feel safe knowing how to get out of a jam , there is also on the board a jumper you move over to reset the cmos ... and I would think as a last resort popping off the battery would also do that and give you a clean starting point .... better to know how to than not to be able to :D

Thanx dude, i got actualy stuck and i removed the the cmos jumper once before. That was on my older motherboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back