DDR ram Warranty

J

jake123456789

Hi I brought the 256 ddr pc400 for about 2 days , I got the receipt, there is a problem, I plug into motherborad it work fine, it run smoothly, however, I turn on the computer for couple of hours smokes came out from inside computer case, I quickly, unplug the main switch from behind the case and main switch power supply. Can i claim under warranty?

That's shocking - you sure you got DDR 400? Some cheapskate retailers are so low they'll replace the sticker on the memory stick. Check the actual model number to see if you've got the right stick. :) I've been ripped off before. Unfortunately the only way to find out the problem was to open the case by ripping the sticker and technically voiding the warranty - catch 22. What low lives.

Since it was really smoking (that was the memory??) I think it won't be a problem. If they do argue, just yell about fire hazard an lawsuits and stuff. :) But it shouldn't be a problem.

Trust me, you haven't experienced the worst like I have. How likely will it be that memory smokes without you having meddled with it in some way? Very hard to prove. Any Consumer Protection Lawyers here? I'm still undergrad.

Nothing wrong now. They eventually replaced generic RAM with Kingston after a loooong argument. But refused to fulfil warranty obligations since I ripped that sticker. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back