DDR Memory questions

2Shy

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-845PE667 motherboard, i want to upgrade my 512mb 2700 memory to 1gb so i purchased another stick of 512mb 2700 memory but i have had nothing but problems both the memory sticks work i tried them individually but when working together i get blue screen as soon as Windows XP Home kicks in... is it a thing that DDR memory is all different and you should stick with the same brands etc?

id like to hear your input

~2Shy

a matched pair is always good, the problem is 2 sticks cannot run the same fast timings of 1 stick, so you may have to slow down the timings a little, or trial them at pc 2100 speeds. failing that i would look for a bios update as there are probably a few updates to work around issues like yours.

Firstly, may I suggest putting a few punctuation marks in your post. It would make it a lot easier to read.

On your problem: I think some boards have problems when certain memory slots are being used and/or when all slots are full. Try swapping the sticks around to different slots. If that doesnt work, try updating to the latest bios.

EDIT: Damn you Gonzo, beat me to it.

Flashed the motherboard and it worked great 1024mb DDR now.. sweeet!!!

Sorry for the punctuation typed it down fast missed mah dots n **** ;p

~2Shy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back