• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DDR Memory questions

2Shy

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-845PE667 motherboard, i want to upgrade my 512mb 2700 memory to 1gb so i purchased another stick of 512mb 2700 memory but i have had nothing but problems both the memory sticks work i tried them individually but when working together i get blue screen as soon as Windows XP Home kicks in... is it a thing that DDR memory is all different and you should stick with the same brands etc?

id like to hear your input

~2Shy

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
a matched pair is always good, the problem is 2 sticks cannot run the same fast timings of 1 stick, so you may have to slow down the timings a little, or trial them at pc 2100 speeds. failing that i would look for a bios update as there are probably a few updates to work around issues like yours.

J

jumpy

Firstly, may I suggest putting a few punctuation marks in your post. It would make it a lot easier to read.

On your problem: I think some boards have problems when certain memory slots are being used and/or when all slots are full. Try swapping the sticks around to different slots. If that doesnt work, try updating to the latest bios.

EDIT: Damn you Gonzo, beat me to it.

2Shy

Flashed the motherboard and it worked great 1024mb DDR now.. sweeet!!!

Sorry for the punctuation typed it down fast missed mah dots n **** ;p

~2Shy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies