DDR 333 or DDR 400 ?

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
512 MB DDR 333 RM 330 (my country currency) RM 3.80 = US$ 1

256 MB DDR 400 RM 330 (my country currency) RM 3.80 = US$ 1
512 MB DDR 400 RM 650

which mobo (the model as well) goes well with these kind of ram?

Is this a new system that are you going to be putting together? Intel or AMD? By first looks I would say the 512mb or ddr333.

Maybe i'm going for intel 2.0 or 2.4 Ghz

I'm also considering an amd system but i'm afraid of the heat problem. any1 of u had any trouble with an amd athlon xp sys?

what are the actual clock speed does Athlon xp 2200+ has and a XP 2400+?

I'm just setting up an intel system, good cost/performance ratio if you're an overclocker. My system so far 1.8A, epox 4pea with 512mb kingston 2700 coming soon hopefully. Should overclock to around 2.6ghz hopefully.

Heat shouldn't be a problem if you're not overclocking with amd, not sure of amd clock speeds. I'm sure there will be lots of people here who are.

Originally posted by Nismo83

I'm also considering an amd system but i'm afraid of the heat problem. any1 of u had any trouble with an amd athlon xp sys?

what are the actual clock speed does Athlon xp 2200+ has and a XP 2400+?

no heat problems here

amd xp2200=1.8ghz
amd xp2400=2.0ghz

since DDR400 is not an official standard, i would say that you go wtih DDR333.

well thanks for the info..

i guess my new sys will be

AMD Athlon Xp 2400+
512 MB DDR 333
What kind of MOBO goes best with amd sys?? (no built in stuff)

i love my ASUS A7V333 and have not had any problems with it, so i highly reccomend it.

Originally posted by Nismo83
What kind of MOBO goes best with amd sys?? (no built in stuff)

look into a mobo with nForce2 chipset

dunno intel boards that well......but havent seen many amd boards with no onboard audio...pretty standard feature so i thought

Even if the boards do have built-in components, you can almost always disable them in BIOS.

Sometimes, integrated components are a GOOD thing! I can understand not wanting the sound because they usually aren't very good (although I've heard the nForce2 is nice), but onboard LAN, RAID(or ATA), USB2.0 are really nice features to have. Plus they save PCI slots. :)

just dun like onboard audio and video cards.. the rest are ok.

nforce2 seems to be great.. any1 had it?

I just got the A7V8X, considered getting the new asus nforce board, but didn't have the things I wanted that the 8X had (firewire, lan (okay its a gigabit, but still) USB 2.0 and of course, SATA) so I got that and saved about $30 instead. I would recommend that board. Very well designed, even though I don't like where the power connection is.

nforce2 boards are simply the best solution for amd-based systems right now. but if you get an nforce2 board, get two identical sticks of ram (maybe two 512mb 333hmz? or two 256mb)... then you can use the "Dual-DDR" feature of nforce boards which will double the memory bandwidth.

ps. nforce2 audio rivals that of most sound cards. thx-certified, even. it's impossible to find any new boards without onboard audio anymore. if you don't want it, just disable it.

nforce2 audio rivals even THX standereds? :rolleyes: I really like to see that test. THX is the most cleanest and clearest audio you can get anywhere and trust me, I work with audio everyday -- professionally. If nforce THD noise signal is less then then .003 or lower, I would love to see that, but I'm not holding my breath on that. THX certification is REALLY REALLY HARD to get . Even the first Audigy card, to my knowledge didn't get it, however the second one did, which I now own. I also have not seen one trade magazine, online or paper that has said this. If you have a source for this, please show this to me, I would be very interested:cool:

k, arg0... i looked around.

and i can't find any evidence to support my claim anywhere. chances are i read from a mistaken source and they have since changed their words. or i could have been thinking about the dolby digital 5.1 encoder on the MCP-T... or the "thx-certified" altec lansing speakers... or the audigy 2.

either way, my bad. :eek:

well..

*kick me back to stone age*

does the dual ddr works with only one stick in each of the "compartment"(what's that? level 0 ?? ) while rdram doesn't work with one stick except putting the non-memory stick( what is that again?)

nforce2 boards have 3 slots... they can be used as conventional ddr slots for up to 3GB of ram. but if you have 2 sticks, you put one in slot 1 and the other in slot 3, then enable Dual-DDR in the bios and viola! double the bandwidth.

i'm not sure if
1) the 2 sticks have to be the same size, or
2) if it can be done with 3 sticks (say, one 512mb and two 256mb)

hmm.. lets say u got a 512MB and 2 X 256 and you put it in those 3 slots. does it run as Dual DDR for the 2 X 256?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back